Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a TS440 Service Manual  (Read 1251 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:06:40 AM »

A google search turned up one site for a download that said "you are not permitted to download this item".....My VFO knob, after all this time, decided to start grinding and is no longer nice and smooth when I tune....I am looking to pull it off and probably remove a spring (like I did when I had the same problem with my FT-857D) to alieviate this problem....Need to know what kind of screw driver I should used (allen driver...phillips...etc) to uncork the knob....can anyone help with either finding the manual or doing the repair???....

V
KA3NRX.....

TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 09:02:20 AM »

If you post your email address I'll email you a copy of the service manual. It's a 14 Mb pdf.

Tanakasan
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:21:30 AM »

Sent to your Qrz email.  Hope your email will take an attachment of 25 megs.  There are other docs on Kenwood's site for some of their radios that are helpful.  Post what you find as it will help others.
Also try this link:

http://www.hampedia.net/kenwood/
Hope it helps and good luck.

73 es good luck w/ the repair
wn2c Rick
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »

If you post your email address I'll email you a copy of the service manual. It's a 14 Mb pdf.

Tanakasan

Tanakasan and Rick:

I found the service manual and just downloaded three copies to my desktop.  Arigato!....Now if I can only make the repair....

V
KA3NRX

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: