Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of "R&L Electronics"  (Read 13493 times)
N0MLR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 06:19:07 AM »

Had a small problem with a TS-2000 I purchased used from them. Sent it back on Monday and got a Replacement Radio in better condition than the first on Thursday to replace it. I have no complaint at all with them. Very happy with the service.
I did however call them and talk in a polite tune and normal voice. I guess its how you approach them?
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 03:01:06 PM »

Yes, and while were at it....

At least two of the auto couplers sold by MFJ, are made in the Pacific Rim, not in Starksville.

KD8ADO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 07:20:46 PM »

I've done all my ham radio buying from r and l for the past 7 years. They know me by name now. ha ha. I just bought a new rig at the customer appreciation day for a nice price.Very helpful and friendly staff. No complaints.
Sometime people have bad days. No excuse. But it happens.
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 04:16:28 AM »

At least two of the auto couplers sold by MFJ, are made in the Pacific Rim, not in Starksville.

The MFJ-926 WAS a re-branded CG Antennas autotuner.  However, now it is a re-packaged MFJ-927 (which works much better).  All MFJ autotuners are now built in Starksville.
Phil - AD5X
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »

Phil, while you are correct, the still sell the MFJ-926.

AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 03:25:07 AM »

Hi Alan - They now sell the MFJ-926B.  The MFJ-926 was the China tuner, but the new MFJ-926B is the MFJ tuner (re-packed MFJ-927 in the more rugged package).

Phil - AD5X
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 01:37:23 PM »

I've been dealing with R&L for a long time and ive never had an issue. I'll buy from them before anyone else.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 09:24:49 AM »

I have been dealing with R&L for years.  The only "problem" I have ever had... and it really was my own fault for not asking the right question... was buying a used Ten-Tec mike and not checking that it had a 4 pin connector, not a 1/4" jack for the older Ten-Tec radios.  Again, to be clear, this was my own fault for not checking before the purchase.

I just purchased an antenna from them for the NP2SH beacon project.  They had no problem shipping it directly to St. Johns.  The invoice I had showed my name, not the name of the beacon trustee (but his address), which is a simple enough goof to make.  I contacted them immediately, the shipping label was fixed immediately, and it got to the right person without further ado.

In addition, my club has bought our hamfest prizes from R&L for a good many years -- at least 5, and I'm sure it's been more but I'd have to check the records.  Again, no problems, no hassles, we got what we wanted at a great price, and delivered in a more than timely fashion.

If I need something, R&L is who I check with first, either online or on the phone.  I highly reccomend them.
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 04:42:38 PM »

I've bought quite a few things from R&L.  Never any problems.  Just last week I bought a TB105 thrust bearing from them (they have the best price around).  Got it in a few days.

Phil - AD5X
WA8ULW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 02:50:57 PM »

Roger is NOT the "R" in R&L.  R&L is for Rita and Larry, Roger's parents.  They and other family members all work at the store every day.  I've known them since Larry started selling Ham and CB equipment out of his garage on the west side of Hamilton 30+ years ago.  Since that  time they've been in 2-3 locations and I've spent PLENTY of money there.  Never any problem that wasn't solved by a calm reasonable conversation.  Some people expect everything to be handed to them. You can make some of them happy some of the time but not all of them happy all of the time.  Rita, Larry and Roger and all the rest of the crew  try very hard for universally good deals and happy customers but I think the initiator of this string of comments is out of line.  I've known the whole crew at R&L for a long time and can personally attest that what is alleged by this guy is not what I see every time I visit the store which is about 15 miles from my home.  It is a family run, honest, good quality, Mom and Pop Ham Radio Store that I would not hesitate to continue to do business with.   They support local radio clubs with "at cost" prizes for hamfest and advertising in club newsletters (Thanks R&L!).  Be reasonable and calm and polite when dealing with ANY business.  You'll collect more bees with honey than vinegar.  BE NICE. 

It really sounds like you were not that way and simply got a load back at you of what you initiated.  Roger is a normal decent guy.  I know him....but if you give him a load of s*** and are mean and nasty he SHOULD hand it back to you.  Good for Roger!  I've heard him on the phone in the store tolerate unreasonable demands with yelling and screaming in his ear when I would have simply hung up.  Roger didn't and still tried to make the guy happy.  Some people yell and scream that way to see what they can get away with.  When you sell literally to the whole world every day you're going to run into a few nut jobs.  It does none of us any good if R&L isn't in business.  They have to make SOME money to stay in business.  They aren't going to give the stuff to you!  Nor should they.  Their prices are very good.  They'll continue to get my money.

Bob, WA8ULW

N4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 07:22:06 AM »

I've had literally dozens of very successful transactions with R & L over the last dozen years or so. Never a problem.

73, N4KZ
WA8FOZ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 08:50:17 PM »

Roger is NOT the "R" in R&L.  R&L is for Rita and Larry, Roger's parents.  They and other family members all work at the store every day.  I've known them since Larry started selling Ham and CB equipment out of his garage on the west side of Hamilton 30+ years ago.  Since that  time they've been in 2-3 locations and I've spent PLENTY of money there.  Never any problem that wasn't solved by a calm reasonable conversation.  Some people expect everything to be handed to them. You can make some of them happy some of the time but not all of them happy all of the time.  Rita, Larry and Roger and all the rest of the crew  try very hard for universally good deals and happy customers but I think the initiator of this string of comments is out of line.  I've known the whole crew at R&L for a long time and can personally attest that what is alleged by this guy is not what I see every time I visit the store which is about 15 miles from my home.  It is a family run, honest, good quality, Mom and Pop Ham Radio Store that I would not hesitate to continue to do business with.   They support local radio clubs with "at cost" prizes for hamfest and advertising in club newsletters (Thanks R&L!).  Be reasonable and calm and polite when dealing with ANY business.  You'll collect more bees with honey than vinegar.  BE NICE.

It really sounds like you were not that way and simply got a load back at you of what you initiated.  Roger is a normal decent guy.  I know him....but if you give him a load of s*** and are mean and nasty he SHOULD hand it back to you.  Good for Roger!  I've heard him on the phone in the store tolerate unreasonable demands with yelling and screaming in his ear when I would have simply hung up.  Roger didn't and still tried to make the guy happy.  Some people yell and scream that way to see what they can get away with.  When you sell literally to the whole world every day you're going to run into a few nut jobs.  It does none of us any good if R&L isn't in business.  They have to make SOME money to stay in business.  They aren't going to give the stuff to you!  Nor should they.  Their prices are very good.  They'll continue to get my money.

Bob, WA8ULW

What he said. I feel fortunate to have them in this area.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: