Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICE Band Pass Filters - Service?  (Read 1820 times)
G0PZA

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:05:20 AM »

We Ordered 2 ICE Multi Band Filters June 30th, with a response that shipping was to be 1-3 weeks.  To date, 20 September (almost 3 months later), we are not getting any responses from the Company.  Wonder if anyone has dealt with them more recently than April 2010 which was the last postng I can find.

Thanks and 73
Garo. G0PZA
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:29:56 AM »

ICE is a little slow on their shipping.  It's a known issue and the various forums have well documented this.  I too am waiting on their products.  I've ordered from them before and it took about 6 to 8 weeks to get in what I ordered.  Overseas, well, now you have to add the snail mail delays as they only ship via the US Postal Service.

The general consensus is ICE is a one man band and he's a very busy one playing a full orchestra.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:24:13 AM »

repost: "Is there no customer service so awful that some ham won't chime in to defend it!"
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 04:37:37 PM »

Not defending him.  Just stating both experience and knowledge.
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »

All,

Here is my latest experience with I.C.E.:

I ordered 3 different suppressors on the 5th of Sept.  My CC was charged on the 10th.  I received them today, the 25th.

I was unable to get a response to my E-Mails on the status of the order.  I finally did get through by phone yesterday only by calling and letting it ring until it timed out.  I then immediately called back.  This resulted in an almost continuous ring at their end.  I kept repeating this until I got an answer.  It took almost 20 times.

I would say they are not in the customer service business, but rather in the suppressor business.  You be the judge if you wish to place an order.  Would I again?  Yes, but I would plan it out so that I did not need the product for at least 8 weeks.

YMMV
AJ4YX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 01:01:03 PM »

Hi,

My first order in August 2010 for 4 bandpass filters were no problem, recieved them in september within 3 weeks.

Decided to make a second order for 2 other bandpass filters in September 2010. Don't know what happened: I got the confirmations for the order, but no filters. Tried to reach them by e-mail, phone, but no contact.

I like their filters, dislike their service.

73 Gerrit, AJ4YX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: