Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antenna Help/Advice Needed Please  (Read 2217 times)
KD1I

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 04:10:26 PM »

I have two suggestions for you.  Don't use vertical antennas, they couple to vertically polarized noise sources and don't use a Gap Titan. I have had one set up at 2 locations and they are VERY noisy.  Right now it is on the ground buried in leaves.  Use a dipole and possibly in an inverted V as someone earlier mentioned. it won't be perfect but may be a big improvement.   73, Jim
NL7SX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 09:37:05 PM »

MFJ and others make noise neutralization units. A sense antenna placed near the offending noise source is electronically reversed to negate that collection of noises to your receiver. Hard keying of the unit reduces the chance of your transmitted RF causing damage. This is good for only one receiver so it's much better to sequentially identify interference sources, eliminate them, until you reach those that are too difficult to find or too expensive to fix. Unfortunately, suburbia can't be neutralized :-) Some of those same phasing units can combine the signals from two different receiving antennas to peak signals and null interference. 
K4KMG

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »

Thanks all.

KD1I: I know they are inherently noisy. I put the Titan up to see if I was going to have an issue. Already had it, so it was worth trying. Actually, when I lived in FL about a block from the ocean, it was a great antenna. Worked the world with it.

NL7SX: After much searching/reading, I've ordered a Timewave ANC-4. Hopefully this will help.

I've contacted the power company, and the guy that deals with this issue is on vacation until after the 1st. Supposed to come here then.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: