Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheapham.com  (Read 8112 times)
N8ABW

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2010, 06:08:51 PM »

Ordered a power supply from cheapham.com on Friday evening via their website. Received it in the Monday morning
mail. These guys are on the ball.
KJ4VTH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:19:50 PM »

I too got a power supply from cheapham.com for a good price, reasonable S&H, and it arrived quickly and in good order.  Can't ask for more than that.
K9JCS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:46:08 AM »

Set it and forget it.  This company just works the way an online company should. I made a small order on a Friday and received it on Tuesday by snail mail. There was even a little useful but totally unexpected surprise in the shipment for me. That's pretty good performance in my book. Although this was my first order it certainly won't be my last from Cheapham.com.

Jim
K9JCS
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 09:26:04 AM »

Agreed. Both my orders shipped fast. He doesn't gouge you on shipping prices either. (I'm looking at you, Ham City)
KA8BYU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 07:48:50 PM »

Good company to deal with, great prices, have ordered my it-100 ldg tuner and my wouxun radio and aa case from them fast shipment.
W9CLL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 12:49:34 PM »

Have placed several orders with them in recent weeks and all have gone through as they should. I always check CH first when looking for something.

Chris
W9CLL
K2QB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 01:24:22 PM »

Came across them while searching the net for a Heil GC-10 microphone and boom. One of the few places that still had the mic in stock at a very reasonable price. Santa was being nice and letting me place my order in advance of Christmas so I did. I was a bit disappointed when I received an email saying they were temporarily out of stock on the GC-10, but did expect some in in a few days. Sure I said. Based on what I was finding while doing my search I wasn't going to hold my breath. Three days later I received another email stating that the microphone was in and was shipped. Two days later on my doorstep it was! Overall a very satisfying experience. Competitive pricing, fair shipping and excellent communications. My first time ordering anything from them but it won't be my last.
AI4U

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 10:03:28 AM »

CHeapHam is great, I ordered a part last Friday and within 1 hour is was shipped!
W3OWL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 01:33:23 PM »

Sorry guys, but I recently had a very poor experience with Cheapham.com.  Sure, the antenna tuner I ordered was shipped quickly, but upon arrival, it didn't work.  Obviously I had to open the box and connect the tuner first, but in doing so, I apparently violated their return policy of opening the box in the first place.  Huh?  How would I determine if the unit worked OK if I didn't open the box?  That's all for me, and them.  Bill W3OWL
W9CW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »

I've had nothing but great service from Frank at Cheapham.com.   Excellent communications, and fast delivery. 
W3OWL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »

Well, Frank told me he would not accept the return of the non-functional LDG antenna tuner because I already opened the box.  So I guess opening the box voids the warranty.  I don't know of ANY other ham retailer with such a ridiculous return policy.  Bill W3OWL
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 12:49:13 PM »

That's too bad but LDG will honor your warranty - send it to them.
NZ0T

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 07:58:27 AM »

I bought a Jetstream power supply from Cheapham that put out S9 plus hash on the HF bands.  I returned it and Cheapham refunded the full amount even though they said they could not replicate the problem.  They could have easily followed their re-stocking policy and charged me 20% so, except for slow communication, my experience was very good.
W3OWL

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 02:01:18 PM »

My experience with this company has been "if you open the box and the item doesn't work, don't bother sending it back."  Why?  Well, because you opened the box.  I received a nonfunctional tuner and they would not allow me to return it for either a refund or a replacement unit.  I finally had to send it to the manufacturer for warranty repair.  So I guess opening the box automatically voids any possibility of return.  I will spend my money someplace else.  W3OWL
W9CLL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 01:46:53 PM »

LDG carries the warranty on the device not CheapHam.. I can see Cheapham's point and although I don't really agree with it. There are a lot of retailers that have the same policy. It's a sign of the times. Welcome to modern shopping.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:48:57 PM by W9CLL » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: