Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Decoder and SignalLink USB ?  (Read 3588 times)
KE6JZ

Ignore
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:28:10 PM »

Anyone know how to get the signallink USB to work with CW Decoder? Or can you suggest a freeware program that can work with the SignalLink? I cant get the two to work together CW Decoder is an older program and it only seems to look for Serial port inputs, not a USB soundcard. HELP!!!
KE6JZ
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »

Both MixW and MultiPSK have CW modes in them. You might also Google "cw sound card software".
When copying CW this way, be mindful that you will only successfully copy others that are sending via keyboard. You could copy some and close to all of someone using a good keyer with a good fist.

There is a section on the Tigertronics page that details one way to send CW with the Signalink USB:

"How do I operate "direct keyed" CW with the SignaLink - This is done by simply connecting the SignaLink's PTT and Ground lines to the "Key" and "Ground" lines of your radio's Key jack.  One of our un-terminated radio cables can be used to make these connections.  You will need to attach the appropriate plug for your radio's Key jack to this cable.  Using our SLCABNC cable, we suggest attaching the white/orange wire to the tip of the plug, and the orange wire to the plug's body/sleeve.  You will then need to install the SignaLink jumpers as follows; PTT to 1, and G (ground) to 2.  Note that direct keyed CW is limited to about 25 WPM on Transmit (there is no limit on Receive), so if you need to transmit faster than this, you'll want to run AFSK CW."

In some of the softwares, there are ways to use the parallel port or serial port for keying.

Hope that helps shed some light.

de NA4IT
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 08:27:01 PM »

hi Shane,

take a look at CWGet from DXSoft

http://www.dxsoft.com/en/products/cwget/

73 james
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 05:05:48 AM »

Anyone know how to get the signallink USB to work with CW Decoder? Or can you suggest a freeware program that can work with the SignalLink? I cant get the two to work together CW Decoder is an older program and it only seems to look for Serial port inputs, not a USB soundcard. HELP!!!
KE6JZ

Ham Radio Deluxe digital software DM780 will decode CW.

Use the CW decode and away you go. However it will not transmit CW. Well, it will however only with modulated tone on SSB.

You can send true CW with DM780 if you have a Winkeyer by K1EL hooked up.

One thing you must remember when using software to decode CW. It needs to damn good CW, properly spaced and sent in order for the software to decode it. The old style code sent by bugs or poor fists on straight keys will not be copied well by software.

I am sitting here listening to some code being sent at 26 wpm and the software is decoding it just fine. But it is very good CW.
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 11:15:46 AM »

KE6JZ

Ham Radio Deluxe digital software DM780 will decode CW.

Use the CW decode and away you go. However it will not transmit CW. Well, it will however only with modulated tone on SSB.

You can send true CW with DM780 if you have a Winkeyer by K1EL hooked up.

One thing you must remember when using software to decode CW. It needs to damn good CW, properly spaced and sent in order for the software to decode it. The old style code sent by bugs or poor fists on straight keys will not be copied well by software.

I am sitting here listening to some code being sent at 26 wpm and the software is decoding it just fine. But it is very good CW.

I use a homebrew interface for sending and receiving CW it is just a single transistor and a couple of resistors for the TX side and a isolation transformer for the RX side using the computer soundcard. I use HRD and DM780 it works great. I use the Signalink and DM780 for all the other digital modes. I do have to switch cables out to do so but I find that CW is much better in the pure form then the modulated CW in USB/LSB plus you get to use the narrow filters in CW. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: