Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC7000 software  (Read 4953 times)
VK5DO

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2009, 02:47:14 PM »

Hi There,

I'm just after recomendations as to the best CAT/programming software to use on the IC7000 and where to find it.

Thanks,

Dene
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »

Commander, the transceiver-control component of the free-ware DXLab Suite, will control your IC-7000. Out of the box, it provides the usual frequency, mode, and RX bandwidth control; see the screenshot in

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/screenshot1.jpg

Commander also  

- provides 10 banks of 10 memories, with the ability to continuously scan a bank's frequencies

- displays frequency-dependent settings for devices like tuners, amplifiers, and antenna switches, with optional control via parallel port signals

- supports transverters for 6m, 4m, 2m, and 70cm operation

- provides user-defined transceiver control sequences initiated by up to 16 buttons and up to 8 sliders, as illustrated in the above screen shot

The above capabilities are available from a modest 600x450 pixel window. If you become interested in logging, digital mode operation, rotator control, DX spot collection, propagation prediction, or QSL route discovery, you can incrementally add additional components of the freeware DXLab Suite in whatever order you choose; these components automatically recognize each other's presence and interoperate accordingly.

All DXLab components are available via www.dxlabsuite.com

Dave, AA6YQ
KH2BR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:15:48 AM »

For the things that commander does, you would think that they would spend some effort in building a more presentable GUI for the software.
WZ3O

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 12:41:29 PM »

I agree DXLABSUITE is ok. I found HamRadioDeluxe, HRD, to be more sophisticated, along with that sophistication of course takes some tinkering.
Hey, for what they cost (FREE), try 'em both.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: