1 Antenna, Duplexer, and one HF/VHF/UHF radio help!

(1/3) > >>

:
Hi,

I have a Yaesu FT-100D, LDG YT-100, and want to use one antenna via a Comet CF-706 duplexer.  I have the radio HF and VHF/UHF leads connected to the duplexer (HF SO-239 connected to the 1.3-57MHz connector and the VHF/UHF to the 75-550MHz connector) and the antenna connected to the COM connector.  Is it safe to transmit without damaging the radio? 

Thanks,

George

Alan Applegate:
I guess I'm confused about the one antenna. Are you saying you want to use the YT-100 on VHF? If that's the case, it won't work.

Diplexers have their place both with one radio and multiple antennas, as well as one antenna spread over multiple ports. I don't think that's what you're trying to do. Can you explain a bit more?

:
Hi,

I have the radio HF SO-239 connected to the tuner and then connected to the HF duplexer connector.  The radio VHF/UHF connector is connected to the VHF/UHF connector on the duplexer.  The tuner shouldn't be an issue with VHF/UHF, I would think.  I'm just not sure if I key up the mike in 2M or 70CM if it would damage the radio or tuner.  Same thing if I transmit on HF, would it damage the radio and/or tuner with this setup?  I'm just not sure if the Comet CF-706 I'm using if meant for this setup.

Thanks for the reply,

George

Ken Pendarvis:
Here is the Diplexer Manual.
It will tell you what that model is designed to
do and how hook it up.

http://www.yaesu.ru/instruction/accessories/comet_cf706eng.pdf

Like the guy said, unless you are going to use the 100D into an
antenna that covers HF/6m AND VHF/UHF, you don't need it.
Your tuner covesr 6m (with a horter tuning range), the Diplexer cutoff.

Just hookup yout LDG Auto Tuner
to the HF/6m SO-239 and be on your way.

Ken Pendarvis:
If you are only operating HF to 6m,
you dont need a diplexer at all.

I have the radio HF SO-239 connected to the tuner and then connected to the HF duplexer connector.

This is wrong, see the manual. Radio->Diplexer HF side->HF/6m tuner-> HF/6m Antenna.
Leave VHF/UHF lead of Diplexer unhooked per manual
So why even have a diplexer in that lineup at all?

The radio VHF/UHF connector is connected to the VHF/UHF connector on the duplexer.  The tuner shouldn't be an issue with VHF/UHF, I would think.

Read the manual. If you are NOT going to be using one lead
(either one) of the diplexer, the manual says to leave the other lead "open" (unconnected).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page