Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC-751 vs ic-751a  (Read 2002 times)
F5SSL

Ignore
« on: October 13, 2010, 11:06:56 AM »

Hello
Have you noticed any performance differences in reception between the two. In terms of quality BF, are they the same? I saw the differences in the schematic but I was wondering if anyone could compare the two side by side.
Thank you for your participation  Smiley
N1YE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 05:34:49 PM »

I have and use both. They are side by side and connected to similar antennas. Both came with factory PBT.  I added the filters, CV/I interface, and an upgraded battery/eeprom module to each.  Neither have the optional built-in AC power supply, so they share a stock DC power supply.  The control layouts are very similar, but there are some differences. The 751A has a built in keyer module and requires a  1/4" stereo plug for the paddles. The 751 does not have a keyer and requires a 1/4" mono plug. I work almost all CW, so I cannot tell you how they compare on other modes. But, for CW, there seems to be little difference in they way they perform.  I  consider each to be an excellent radio. They don't have DSP or a Spectrum Display, but  they pack a lot of radio into a small case and were popular for mobile work. In short, there is not any great differences in receiver performance that I can discern on the air. They are both good.
73, Gene
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: