Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRD Remote Problem  (Read 7699 times)
W7KSO

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »

I have HRD running remotely on my computer in the house through a wireless connection, and it works ok for receive, but when I click on the XMIT icon in the upper right, the transmit function becomes flaky.  It may take as much as ten seconds to activate, and then it may shut off again in a few seconds.  It may also stay in transmit mode for a few seconds after I try to shut it off.  It seems to be totally random.  Also in receive, the S-meter doesn't show.  Just a dark area where it should be. 

I have HRD running on a computer next to my radio (not at the same time as on my house computer) which also has HRD Remote running on it, and it does show the S-meter and it also transmits normally.  The radio is an FT-450 with the appropriate interface.

Any help?  Thanks for any info.
WD9IDV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »

In ham radio Deluxe in Tools select Programs then Remote Servers.  (This is were I got this information.)
When you bring up remote connection on remote computer it should bring up "remote connection box" where you can change Sync or Async connection type.

3.0 Remote Connection

The small window shows the status of the remote connection.

•   Round-trip time   the time required to send a message from HRD to the remote server and get a response. This will be very similar to the value shown when you use Ping to interrogate a remote host. Typically values of 50 milliseconds or less is very usable.
•   Refresh interval   the interval between refreshes of the selected Regularly Read options.
•   Send frequency   when the frequency is updated over a link with a high round trip time (> 100ms) the performance will be less than optimal with Sync selected so if the round trip is high select Async, otherwise just select Sync. The disadvantage of using Async is an 'elastic band' effect while tuning by dragging HRD's small tuning marker.
•   Regularly Read   the options which are regularly updated. If you are using a fast link - for example to a local station with a low round-trip time then you can safely select all options. The disadvantage of selecting options such as Buttons, Dropdowns, Sliders and Status Texts is that it may take a second or two before HRD detects that you are changing the frequency by dragging the tuning marker and the current refresh operation cannot be interrupted.

3.1 Slow Link

If you have a slow link - a round-trip time > 100 ms - then select only Meters. As this is a remote station it is unlikely that anyone else will be adjusting the radio's controls so you will not need to refresh buttons and dropdowns as you would with a locally connected radio.

The disadvantage of not selecting Buttons and Dropdowns is that inter-button dependencies will not be shown - for example you may have 4 AGC buttons Off, Fast, Medium and Slow, only one of which will be active at any one time. If Buttons is not enabled for regular refreshes then pressing Fast will not update the other AGC buttons. In this case you must press the small refresh button to the right of the Buttons check-box.

To refresh all display options click Refresh All.

However, it could be that your computer is just too slow...CPU, video card ect...

Hope this might help.
Robert WD9IDV
KB9HGI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »

I have HRD running remotely on my computer in the house through a wireless connection, and it works ok for receive, but when I click on the XMIT icon in the upper right, the transmit function becomes flaky.  It may take as much as ten seconds to activate, and then it may shut off again in a few seconds.  It may also stay in transmit mode for a few seconds after I try to shut it off.  It seems to be totally random.  Also in receive, the S-meter doesn't show.  Just a dark area where it should be. 

I have HRD running on a computer next to my radio (not at the same time as on my house computer) which also has HRD Remote running on it, and it does show the S-meter and it also transmits normally.  The radio is an FT-450 with the appropriate interface.

Any help?  Thanks for any info.
I have the same radio FT-450 and do have it interfaced and have my remore server setup. Only thing I can not get mine to key at all. How did you get it to tx?Huh

Steve KB9HGI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: