Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOGic 8 Software  (Read 1313 times)
W1KRK

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2010, 02:32:34 AM »

I am trying to instal Logic 8 into my new windows 7 computer. I need a serial to usb adapter and I have downloaded the latest driver from the mfg. Computer says it is working properly but when I start Logic I get message "No Interface found on Com 3" . I have rebooted, reloaded, changed Com ports but can't seem to get past the problem. Rig is an IC-7600 and I am using the CI-V cable, into adapter, settings in the rig are set for CI-V (default) Any Ideas?........Thanks,
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 04:53:20 AM »

I am a long time Logic user who had a Pro III until recently. Make sure the settings in the Icom's menu match your rig port settings in Logic. Try setting baud rate to 19200 instead of auto on both Logic and the Radio. Make SURE the Icom CIV address is set to the same in Logic and the radio. Try setting CIV transeive to off.

If all fails, call Dennis at Logic, he is one smart troubleshooter when it comes to Logic 8..

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:24:15 AM by Stan Shestokes » Logged
W1KRK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 06:53:36 AM »

I tried didn't work. Its odd the message says "Interface Not Found"  not port not found. Guess I will have to wait til Monday to talk to Dennis.
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »

I am trying to instal Logic 8 into my new windows 7 computer. I need a serial to usb adapter and I have downloaded the latest driver from the mfg. Computer says it is working properly but when I start Logic I get message "No Interface found on Com 3" . I have rebooted, reloaded, changed Com ports but can't seem to get past the problem. Rig is an IC-7600 and I am using the CI-V cable, into adapter, settings in the rig are set for CI-V (default) Any Ideas?........Thanks,

Did you check the port settings of the port on the MB Bios?
N9RO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 04:48:49 PM »

If you are using Windows 7 64 bit good luck, I found only ONE driver that would work on my system.  I believe you are seeing a common problem exhibited by some of the USB/232 drivers when run in a win7 64B environment. However, the converter I have that works is VERY noisy, I ordered a RS-232 card to make like easy when using my legacy radios that have 232 interfaces.  I put a screenshot of the noise I seen on my website www.n9ro.com.

Tim
N9RO

Real techies don't use knobs.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 11:06:08 PM »

If you are using Windows 7 64 bit good luck, I found only ONE driver that would work on my system.  I believe you are seeing a common problem exhibited by some of the USB/232 drivers when run in a win7 64B environment. However, the converter I have that works is VERY noisy, I ordered a RS-232 card to make like easy when using my legacy radios that have 232 interfaces.  I put a screenshot of the noise I seen on my website www.n9ro.com.

A list of devices known to work on 64-bit Windows 7 can be found in http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/Win7VistaHardware

Dave, AA6YQ
N0AZZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 02:34:59 AM »

I run Logic8 also with Win7 64 bit no problems I changed all of my usb to serial cables to the ones Dennis sells and have never had a problem since then with any device. You have a cable problem it sounds like to me and I bet you will have the same thing when you try to setup rotor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: