Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: interface cat problem hrd  (Read 2004 times)
W3KPQ

Ignore
« on: October 20, 2010, 08:16:45 AM »

I just purchased an Ft-1000MP  MARKV 200 W radio and I am having trouble getting the cat to work on HRD will not read freq and I tried all the other combo and still not working any suggestion welcomed. Will not read anything from the radio

Ron W3kpq
W7KJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:37:46 AM »

how are u conn. to ur pc? if the settings are correct in the connection bx for HRD verify com port (system/devices)? I use same setup but run rig thru a US navigator interface. Can email direct w7kjATlive.com will try to help if u still have problem.

Ken/w7kj
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 10:46:36 AM »

If you are using a USB to RS232 converter that might be where the problem lies. Some of the USB/RS232 converters are not usable with HRD and other radio control programs. If your computer is a desk-top then get a PCI RS232 card that will cure the problem. If it is a Lap-top then I would suggest you go to the HRD user forum link on the HRD program (it's in the help section) and find out what converters others are using that work.
 If you are using a DB9 rs232 comport and just have a cable hooked to the radio and computer make sure it is not a Null cable where a couple of pins are switched on one end from the other. I have used HRD for over 5 years now and find it to be a Great program.
Roland AH6RR
W3KPQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 04:07:06 AM »

Hi Thanks for the replies  I am using a belkin usb converter on a HP desktop with a regular cable not a null cable.  I don't have a problem when using this belkin converter with my Ft-920. I tried all the different settings but to no avail.  I even tried using the converter on my laptop still the same problem not reading the freq.  I even re-installed the driver still nothing.

de Ron W3KPQ
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 02:51:30 PM »

I am using a belkin usb converter on a HP desktop
That's good advice about getting a good USB/Serial
converter, there is a lot of JUNK out there.

I too am using a Belkin USB converter, but from
desktop to CT-17 to PROII, works FB with HRD.

What's your OS? Maybe a driver issue?
I'm sure you've double checked the CI-V
address and speed settings?

QRZ Forums has a specific section for HRD issues,
you might want to post there too.
Good luck es 73, Ken AD6KA
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 04:06:11 PM »

Many newer PC's don't have a serial (Com) RS232 connector on the back.  Same with my Intel quad board.  But I checked the System, hardware, and a Com was listed.  Turns out the motherboard DOES have a RS232 port, but the PC didn't have the cable and DB9 connector.  So I got an old RS232 motherboard to DB9 cable (10yr old pc), plugged into the motherboard, installed in a backpanel slot, and  - RS232!  Maybe your HP board has a Com on it.  I think "real" Com's are better than USB to Com adapters.
W3KPQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 05:25:12 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  I just ordered a pci serial card I hope it will be here today and I hope that it will fix my problem.  The OS I am running is win XP, like I stated before I use my FT-920 with the belkin converter and no problems.  So I will wait untin my card arrives and see what happens.  Again thank all of you who replied.

de Ron W3KPQ  73 Smiley
N0AZZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 02:44:51 AM »

Just use a high quality usb to serial converter 99% of the time that will cure it if settings are correct.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: