Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morse Code for very young Kids  (Read 1533 times)
NS2X

Ignore
« on: December 19, 2010, 07:34:31 AM »

my 2 and 4 year old grandsons just love the "Morse Code Song".  Does anyone have suggestions on any "CD's" for learning code that very young kids might like?  I was thinking of getting the Gordon West CD's, but would like to hear them first.  Does anyone have a MP3 sample of Mr. West's training CD?  Thanks... 73... greg... NS2X
KC9HOZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 05:23:27 AM »

2 and 4 year olds have very short attention spans.  Rather than sitting them down with a code tape/CD, you might sit with them personally for 5 or 10 minutes and drill them using a practice oscillator (or your rig).  I doubt you'll get more than 10 minutes from them at a time anyway.

However,  2 and 4 year olds brains are incredibly elastic, and soak up information faster than most people realize.  A few 5 and 10 minute sessions will probably be enough to teach them all the characters and get them started building speed.

Good luck and have fun!!

Scott
kc9hoz
K5RIX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 10:01:44 AM »

What a great opportunity to teach reading and the code simultaneously.  Make up simple games, maybe with answers along the lines of "yes", "no", "up", "down", etc.  Those kids will put the fear of GOD into their Kindergarten teachers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: