Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MARS MOD FT-897D  (Read 15120 times)
KC5MMH

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:18:16 AM »

I am a new (TANGO) TX Army Mars member. I am trying to find the mars mod for the FT-897D so I can start checking into the HF nets. I can not get the mod from Yeasu as I need a MARS license and I will not receive that till I complete the basic training. The basic training can not be completed until I can get on the air, which puts me in a cycle that I am having trouble breaking. The members in my group, (TX Army MARS Zone 4), none are using the D model, and the 897 non D mod doesn't seem to be compatible. If anyone can be of help, I would greatly appreciate it. 73 Steve Curry, kc5mmh,aar6om/t
KW9D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »

Try this web site :
http://www.hampedia.net/yaesu/ft-897-mars-cap-mod.php
Good luck.
Bill / KW9D
W3JKS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:14:15 PM »

Look on the FT-897 Yahoo group -- there is a hardware mod approach AND a software module which will also "open up" the coverage.  Or go to mods.dk web site, which is the motherlode of mods.

john W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAM3RE/AAA9SL
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 01:46:43 PM »

I had an 897D which I did the MARS mod.  I got the info from the mods.dk web site.  Make sure you are comfortable working with small solder blobs on a small circuit board.  If not, please
find someone experienced to do the job for you.  It is very simple if you have the soldering experience to do it.  Also, the made for USA sale late issue radios are not able to be software modified.

Welcome to MARS.
Art,
AAA5RD
KE5LDO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 09:21:19 PM »

I had Houston Amatuer Radio do my MARS mod for me 4 years ago.  I only lost the Spread spectrum option. no big deal in my opinion.  Very Reasonable; I think at that time it was $75 which included triple pack shipping. Ask for George or Charlie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: