Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX Awards & Previous Call Signs  (Read 955 times)
K3ZL

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2010, 06:01:02 PM »

I have worked some DX with current call sign, and quite a bit more DX with 2 previous call signs.  What are the rules regarding DXCC, WAZ, regarding QSLs received under previous call signs? BTW, one of my former callsigns has been reassigned to another ham, however, I held that call sign for several years and have a nice little stack of QSLs for it.  Tnx, K3ZL  "KC"
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:20:21 PM »

Your previous callsigns feed your current callsign for both DXCC and WAZ as long as they were from (and you operated from) the same DXCC entity. You will probably have to prove you held those licenses. Hopefully you saved them.
K3ZL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 05:52:56 AM »

Tnx.  I lived in 2 different states. Does that factor in?
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 08:33:46 AM »

Tnx.  I lived in 2 different states. Does that factor in?
The only award rule I know of that comes close, is that for WAS all the contacts must've been made from stations within 50 miles of each other. Of course you could be in 2 different states, but stations within 50 miles of each other, and you'd be good.
W5ER

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:03:59 AM »

Hmmmm, I have been under the impression that the distance was 25 miles, but I am probably in error again/yet as my wife like to point out. Roll Eyes

73 Ed
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 11:45:16 AM »

The awards you mention are from the ARRL.

You can ask them.

Bob
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 01:09:13 PM »

According to the rules WAS has a 50 mile limit.

There is no limit for DXCC or WAZ as long as you operate from the same DXCC entity. Technically you can work part of your DXCC from the east coast US and then part from the west coast since its all the same DXCC entity. (doesn't make much sense and probably less if you live in a really small country haha. You would think maybe call areas in really big countries - but it is what it is)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: