Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Q on ARRL DX Contest.. DXCC Station Location  (Read 732 times)
KN0W

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2003, 12:10:08 PM »

I was reading the ARRL DX Contest rules for this weekend.
Rule
 6.1. Your call sign must indicate your DXCC station location (KH6XYZ/W1 in Maine, KG4/W1INF at Guantanamo Bay, etc).

I'm a "Ø" living in "7" land (last 15 years) Does this mean I need to send "KNØW/W7" to comply with the above rule?  I'm not portable/mobile... could be portable for part of it I guess.

Any experienced contesters out there who can help clarify? -- I've been out of Hamming/contesting for around 18 years -- getting back into it -- mainly just trying to rack up some DX contacts this weekend.

Thanks
KNØW (Mark)
NY4T

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 10:00:13 AM »

Well, it may be too late to be of help now but, no, you don't need to add /W7.  Your DXCC location is still the same whether you are living in 7-land or 0-land.  You are in W land just the same.  The exception would be for example, if you were a W0 operating in Hawaii, KH6.  In that case, you would append /KH6 to your call since Hawaii which is physically separated from the USA mainland is a different DXCC entitity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: