Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Question on ARRL DX Rules  (Read 695 times)
W4MDL

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2003, 07:00:35 PM »

I am kind of new to contesting. I just moved to hawaii with the military and I would like to test the new setup in the contest. The rules are a little broad when refering to hawaii. How do multipliers work for hawaii? Do both lower 48 AND DX count as multipliers or just lower 48? Or Just DXCC? Can someone clerify for me? Thanks ahead.

Thomas
KH6/W4MDL
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 06:16:16 AM »

The rules say that W/VE stations (which, for this contest, does NOT include KH6, etc.) get mults for all DXCC countries (except they get no mult for a W or a VE), and all DX stations get mults for the US states and VE provinces.

So you, on KH6 are a "DX" (non W/VE) entity in this contest and can only work and get multipliers for the entities mentioned in 5.2.2 (48 states, plus DC, plus VE provinces)

73 Mike N2MG

On page
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2003/intldx.html

1.1. W/VE amateurs work as many amateur stations in as many DXCC countries of the world as possible on 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meter bands.

1.2. Foreign amateurs (also including KH6, KL7, CY9, and CYØ) work as many W/VE stations in as many of the 48 contiguous states and provinces as possible.

<snip>

5.2. Multiplier

5.2.1. W/VE stations: Sum of DXCC entities (except US and Canada) worked per band.

5.2.2. DX stations: Sum of US states (except KH6/KL7), District of Columbia (DC), and Canadian provinces/territories: NB (VE1, 9), NS (VE1), QC (VE2), ON (VE3), MB (VE4), SK (VE5), AB (VE6), BC (VE7), NT (VE8), NF (VO1), LB (VO2), NU (VYØ), YT (VY1), PEI (VY2) worked per band (maximum of 63 per band).

KC9BZN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 03:34:40 PM »

I'll add another question to the mix since I've been a "HAM" less then a year.  So if we're here in the states, we would get no points for another W or VE contact.  Only for DX contacts.  And also what is the multiplier?  You get 3 points for each DX right? So maybe what I'm asking is what is a multiplier?

Thanks for the answers...73's
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 09:55:06 PM »

In ARRL DX, a multiplier (or mult) is each new country worked per band.  So (simple case) if you work Germany on 40m, and England and Germany on 20m, you have 3 multipliers.  You then take your QSO points (would be number of QSOs times 3 points) and multiply them by your multiplier total (3 in this case).

Mike N2MG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: