Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solid core 20 gage copper boundry wire antenna $32 for 500 feet  (Read 3846 times)
KF7ITG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 07:55:50 PM »

I agree, I have read some of the posts that you are referring to on other subjects but I don't think this is the case here. There are authorities here that have already made every mistake in the book and are helpful enough to pass on the what they have learned. I have been in the Ham game for six months so in actuality I haven't even completed my first step yet. I have found that the most interesting part of radio so far is not the radio itself, although they are great, it is the knowledge required to build and operate them well. I have spent considerably more time studying about radio and electronics than twisting knobs. I believe I have purchased most of ARRL's publications and have bookmarked more good Ham Radio information web sites than I care to count. I think it's great that I could drop a piece of wire in the mail to Mark K5LXP and Alan K0BG and get a constructive response from both. Alan sent me a personal email with his findings which were similar to Marks. Sometimes an idea needs a cold bucket of water thrown on it especially if that water comes from a knowable source that has already been down that path. I don't mind learning from other peoples mistakes. It saves me time and aggravation so I can spend more time on the fun successful stuff.

James
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:59:48 PM by James Angleton » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: