Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eggbeter antennas - who other than M2 makes them?  (Read 2505 times)
N8FNR

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2010, 03:04:01 PM »

I would love to put up a 2 meter eggbeater but the only commercial version I know of is the one from M2. However it is $270.00.

Does anyone know of any other makers of eggbeaters?

I really don't want to make one as it looks like it is a real pain to build if you don't have an antenna analyzer for 2m and I don't own one of those.

Thanks
Zack
N8FNR
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 01:22:25 PM »

I would love to put up a 2 meter eggbeater but the only commercial version I know of is the one from M2. However it is $270.00.

Does anyone know of any other makers of eggbeaters?

I really don't want to make one as it looks like it is a real pain to build if you don't have an antenna analyzer for 2m and I don't own one of those.

Thanks
Zack
N8FNR

The great company of "You, Yourself & I" also can make them.
N3MVF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 06:30:26 AM »

Zack,

Attached is a link to a good site to build one.
http://on6wg.pagesperso-orange.fr/Doc/Antenne%20Eggbeater-Engl-Part1-Full.pdf

This isn't meant to be rude but if they are a "real pain to build", why would you expect someone to sell it for less than market? (M2's price)

They are easy to build and if you follow specs fairly consistently, an antenna analyzer for this antenna is not necessary.  I built quite a few of these and the margin of "error" isn't bad.  Before I had the analyzer, I used SWR.  If I didn't have SWR available, I would use lowest power available on the radio and try to determine where on the frequency that output was at highs and lows.  The first contact I made with ISS came from my homebrews.

Even take a month or two to build it..eventually, you will have a set of uplink/downlink.

Greg
N3MVF
NS2X

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:09:26 AM »

I just finished building the EggBeater II's for 2m/70cm.  It was a little of a pain but they are working good.  I worked 5 different birds with them setting on the ground for testing.  I don't have an antenna analyzer either.  just used a swr meter for 2meters and my transmitter meter for max pwr out for 70 cm.  I'm a newbie on Sats so I still have lots to learn... have fun... 73... greg
KI4SYR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »

So, where can you get info on them EB II's?
KO4MA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 07:52:26 AM »

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eggbeater+II+antennas

Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: