The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX Engineering!!  (Read 9704 times)
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 05:21:36 AM »

Yep, good folks.

To say the least....great customer service for the public definitely brings in business....
WX4SNO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 06:06:35 AM »

95% of my business is done with DX Engineering...they are top-notch!  I've never had a single problem with them, and they always are friendly to talk to over the phone when ordering.  Their shipping is superb; best I have ever seen...I've never had packages arrive with so much protection provided inside!  They overdue the bubble wrap to some degree, but that isn't a bad thing!  Grin  You can count on anything you order from them to arrive in perfect condition, no matter what you bought.  Not only well-protected, but it's out their door in a matter of hours after you place your order!  I just ordered their new 2" thrust bearing which is a new-take on an old design.  It is a work of art...not only does it glide smoothly on the ball-bearings, but it is cast from aluminum and looks fantastic...should last indefinitely.  

The only negative I have about them is their price for "custom cable" which is really expensive for some reason.  But, I will be ordering from them for the foreseeable future as they have excellent prices on just about everything else and free shipping over $100.  I can't recommend them enough!
KC5NYO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 04:19:25 PM »

I ordered a mish-mash of stuff from them back in 2001, I think it was. Not a lot, mind you. When I opened the box, there was a nice, new, shiny ball cap included! Their logo and everything! The best way to hook a customer for life lol!!
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 10:16:40 PM »

Placed my 1st order with DX Engineering a couple of days before Orlando Hamcation because they carried the item I wanted & HRO whom I usually order all New gear from did not.The item came quickly & was here when I returned from Hamcation on Saturday evening.Must say the order was processed quickly.I would use them again if they have another item that HRO does not carry but if HRO has the same item then they are still my 1st choice as they have been since 1994 because they have always treated me well & taken care of any issues with a product I have received that had an issue without hesitation.  Grin   Smiley

Clayton
W4KVW
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 04:25:10 PM »

Purchased a Diamond Watt meter that was bad from stock. The wife told me don't exchange it, get a refund because the next Diamond Watt meter will also be bad from sock. Even though she is psychic, I laughed at her and returned it for another Diamond Watt meter. Well it turns out she was exactly right, I received the second Diamond Watt meter and it too was bad from stock. Shame on Diamond!!

So I again called DX Engineering customer service department to tell them the bad news. They told me to send that second one back for either a full refund or another exchange. I opted to get another brand Watt meter at that point.

Dx Engineering sent me the first replacement with shipping paid for and gave me a shipping label to return both Watt meters. They lost out due to poor QC on Diamond's part. I didn't loose anything except time and a little frustration. You couldn't ask more from a company than what they did for me WITHOUT asking!

DX Engineering obviously has customer service as their top priority. They are becoming big and bigger for a reason.
KC3RN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2017, 02:32:54 AM »

I've used them a number of times over the last couple of years, and have nothing but good things to say about them.  Great service, competitive prices, free shipping (over $99).  What's not to like.

My favorite DXE story - in 2015 I ordered a power cable for a TS-130 I got from eBay.  It was a $20 item.  Well, it ended up being backordered.  I quickly received an email saying so, and got an estimated ETA of about a week.  No big deal.  Well, the ETA got pushed back two more times.  DXE was great about keeping me up to date.

Well, the cable arrived about 3 weeks after I placed the order.  I opened up the box, and included with the cable was a certificate for $20 DX Bucks....  Remember, this was only a $20 power cable.  Very classy.  I haven't shopped anywhere else since then.
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 10:43:13 AM »

I bought a DX Engineering RF speech processor for my Drake T4XB back in 1988 and I have been very pleased with it, it still works although I don't use it anymore.  I may put it up for sale one of these days, I still have all of the original documentation for it. 
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 11:50:46 AM »

I bought a DX Engineering RF speech processor for my Drake T4XB back in 1988 and I have been very pleased with it, it still works although I don't use it anymore.  I may put it up for sale one of these days, I still have all of the original documentation for it. 

If I am not mistaken, that is not the same DX Engineering that the thread is about.   The DX Engineering you are referring to was a small RF company that mainly built remote switch boxes, phasing boxes and other small items.   IIRC, they were based out of Oregon.  Good products and very good quality.  I have one of their 5 position remote antenna switch boxes that I am going to implement for receiving antennas.   

KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »

If I am not mistaken, that is not the same DX Engineering that the thread is about.   The DX Engineering you are referring to was a small RF company that mainly built remote switch boxes, phasing boxes and other small items.   IIRC, they were based out of Oregon.  Good products and very good quality.  I have one of their 5 position remote antenna switch boxes that I am going to implement for receiving antennas.   

Yeah it was the same company, they have been around a long time and have changed hands and also their business MO a couple of times.  I have never bought a radio from them but they have good priced on coax, connectors, and antenna hardware.  I have bought some things from them recently and never had any problems with them at all.  I also still have several DX engineering switches and Baluns from the old days.
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 12:52:31 PM »

Yeah it was the same company, they have been around a long time and have changed hands and also their business MO a couple of times.

I'm not sure, in practical terms, that a company that has 'changed hands and also their business MO a couple of times' since 1988 is still the same company.

As for the current 'version' of DX Engineering, I placed my first order with them last week, and all went well. They are the place I'll go to first in the future.

73 de Vince, VA3VF
KB8UUZ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 05:15:58 PM »

The only thing that is the same between the DX Engineering in Oregon (years ago) and the current DX Engineering (who has been around for over 12 years now) is the name.

The name was purchased.

All new people, all new products - and growing every day. Cheesy

Tom, KB8UUZ
DX Engineering
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 03:04:01 AM »

I always get great help and info from DX Eng.  I wish they had bought Cushcraft Antennas instead of MFJ taking them over.  I think DE does really great customer service even if you aren't buying an item, they take the time to assist.  Kudos!
W3UB

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 01:49:53 PM »

Have purchased a few things from them, they always communicate well and ship promptly. Last item was a Palstar speaker. Palstar is including cables with their speakers now, but not providing them to distributors. When I asked, DXE kindly shipped out a cable, at their expense. Good customer service.
Doug
W3UB
KG5RJR

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2017, 09:40:23 AM »

Enjoyed my experience with DX Engineering.  They have offered items I've purchased in both Kit and NON-Kit form.  I certainly will purchase more from them.  Latest round of items was for a vertical I was setting up.  The PDF instructions they created for the antenna made it very easy to accomplish for a NEWER Operator.

73's
KG5RJR
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: