Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it just me, or is MFJ QC way up?  (Read 7584 times)
N0AH

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2010, 10:31:15 AM »

The last several items we have purchased from MFJ have worked flawlessly- The Morse Code pocket tutor, the MFJ antenna analyzer, and the dummy load and RFI Noise Sniffer-

Thx Martin- your products rate again!  I am planning on getting either the MFJ 1025 or 1026 soon.  They come very highly recommended by serveral users- I can't say I was very happy with some of your past products, but you are doing great now om!

Thx for the talk at the Dayton 2010 Youth foru too!!- You sent a great message to the kids and your right, anything is possible in America-

From your selected retailers to the folks who answer the phones in Mississippi-people once again believe in MFJ- what a turn-around from just a few years ago- Thx for taking over the Cushcraft line too! Awesome array of products- PLEASE keep the MA160V in production, it fills a major market niche, and please come out with a low band rx system for small yard applications- We all know you use the world's greatest RF Engineers- 73  Paul  N0AH 
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 02:08:55 PM »

QC, we don't need no stinkin QC.

Have your expectations of MFJ gone so low as to be excited and praise them for making an item that actually works the first time out of the box.  I hate to think of how excited you will be if it still works in 60 days.

Or could it be that at MFJ; "even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then".

John W5JON
N0AH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:14:39 PM »

missing mast section from MA160V received in three days- AWESOME!!! Thanks Martin-  Grin
AB0RE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 10:41:58 PM »

I ordered an MFJ-949E tuner and it showed up with some light scratches on the faceplate.  After I emailed some photos to them and called (twice) I received a replacement faceplate decal.

Sure some of their stuff ain't the best, but if they work to correct it that's all we can ask.  Given the amount of products they offer I can see why stuff slips through the cracks once in a while.

Dan / ab0re
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 08:44:25 PM »

is MFJ QC way up?

missing mast section from MA160V received in three days

Think that about says it all
WB4AUW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 06:18:28 AM »

I think it's just you.
K4YZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 05:08:31 PM »

The last several items we have purchased from MFJ have worked flawlessly-

SNIP

I bought some MFJ items in the 70's, and the quality then was "marginal, but usable".  But they were a new company then, and I think the 'reputation' they've gotten over the years is morbidly unfair.  The moniker of "Mighty Fine Junk" is not only rude, but unwarranted, in my experience.

I've owned and/or used a multitude of MFJ products over the years, including their 20M SSB and 2M SSB rigs, and always felt as if my money was well spent.

Personally, I'd like to see them expand even further.  There's no reason they couldn't partner with someone like the Elecraft folks to provide a plug-and-play version of the K1 or K2 under license, for example.  I've even wondered why they haven't offered a crystal controlled version of their SSB rigs for 60 Meters.  I'd buy!

Just my $.02 adjusted for inflation!

Steve, K4YZ
K2MK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 06:00:41 AM »

I'm curiously waiting to see how this ham's request for help plays out.

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,72037.0.html
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »

First off your post is totaly wrong!  There is no Quality control at MFJ  Sad

So there is no way it can be up or better because no one is checking anything!  I know this because you can get an Amp from MFJ that does not even have the screws put in to hold the boards in place.  Even a 5 year old could shake an Amp and hear things rattling inside.
So no matter how you slice it, no one is looking at what goes into your box, they just load it and expect the Ham on the other end will fix any problems.
N0AH

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 10:04:41 AM »

For all their faults, at least they understand customer service- Martin is a great guy- and his company, even with all  of their fasults, will always put the customer first without all the garbage you get from some others-   
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 07:41:24 PM »

I have noticed the same thing. The last few MFJ things I purchased (AL-811H and 259B) were build very well. The soldering was as good as any other manufacturer.

I got in the habit of opening covers and checking MFJ gear - but I think they have really done a great job.

Hope they continue in this way with the Cushcraft line.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 03:11:34 PM »

Several months ago I sent my MFJ-269 Antenna analyzer in for repair. It was two months out of warranty but they repaired it for no charge and I had it back within two weeks ( including shipping time ) ...I was very impressed!
N0AZZ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 03:46:43 AM »

A friend just bought a 40m beam and it was a nightmare missing parts miss drilled holes had to send them over 30 photos digital for them to see what happened with the drilled holes there answer was to drill new holes and they sent the measurements for them and all the missing parts. Oh yes all this only took a little over 3 weeks.
WB7TXG

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »

I think they do all right.. I've bought many items from them in the past and just recently ordered some replacement parts I needed. Their email response was quick and order arrived packaged well and and in good condition.

I am glad they are in business and able to offer decent quality items to the ham community.. Do they have problems sometimes? Sure.. So does every other company. But I give MFJ credit for trying to do the right thing and make the customer happy.
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 12:48:46 PM »

I dont know, but most of my MFJ stuff still works. I guess im the pig that got the acorn!
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: