Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cabrillo format log files  (Read 3355 times)
KB9WQJ

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2001, 08:49:19 AM »

Hello all.
I intend to operate in the sweepstakes this weekend.  This will be a very casual operation as I am a new General (donning my Nomex suit) but our club would like to submit member logs for a club score.  I would like to computer log if possible, but I am having trouble determining which logging software, either dedicated contest software or general log software with a contest mode, can output to the required Cabrillo format file.  My understanding is that this has been an ARRL requirement for enough time so that the software engineers can have built this into their software in a pretty automatic way without a lot of intervention required by the user.  I will paper log if I can't figure this out as I probably won't have enough contacts to really tax my ability to log them by hand, but it sure would be nice if this were spelled out more explicitly in the documentation/faqs/web sites of these software packages so I could determine if it meets needs before shelling out hard earned $$.
Thanks for any help!
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2001, 07:38:59 PM »

Hi, here is one link to a popular log program

http://www.k1ea.com/cabrillo.htm

73 james
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2001, 12:21:18 PM »

Most of the available commercial logging packages can deliver a proper Cabrillo output.

NA
CT
TR
WRITELOG
etc.

Search the eHam Links database under the category of Commercial (Contesting).

The Cabrillo output is simple to create on your own so if you have only a few QSOs you can put one together.

http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/

is the spec.

73 Mike N2MG
webmaster
WA7CC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 07:58:21 PM »

I'm also a casual contester, typically making only 50-100 contacts.  With that level of commitment, I couldn't justify spending money on a contest logging program so I've aways hand logged.

I discovered the free N1MM contest logger just in time for the CQWW last weekend and I've delighted with it. Thanks to those on this site who made me aware of it.

N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 09:51:21 AM »

Note that CT (a DOS contest logger) is now distributed free

www.k1ea.com

Mike N2MG
W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 10:21:27 PM »

Try N1MM. It's free, and has Cabrillo output.
W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 08:15:17 PM »

ARRL now has a Cabrillo file generator for those who have loggers without this feature, or those who make a few QSOs using a hand-written log. www.arrl.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: