Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stations operating from call areas NOT agreeing wi  (Read 1258 times)
K4KK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2004, 07:13:26 AM »

The solution is obvious:
1. Pass a law (we all know we need more laws!) requiring every station to identify based on location. It could be "WD1ABC/9" or WD1ABC portable 9" or "WD1ABC portable Wisconsin" or any reasonable means of identification by location.
2. Make callsign trading legal. That way the WD1 could advertise on eBay to trade his callsign for a 9 land callsign! When he finds that nobody really wants a 1 land callsign, he would just have to either buy one or just put up with the horrible hassle.
3. This would be a boon for the callbook industry, the online databases, and generate commerce for eBay and stimulate the economic recovery.
4. Any disputes would require a lawyer and we need more lawyers anyway -- that's why #1 is so important -- getting a new law!
5. Stations could even "rent" a callsign to use during a contest or other activity.

Who really cares? If I can't hear that a station is in Podunk County or whatever, I see no reason to "guess" that he might be! The only ones that were usually reasonably close to reality were KL7, KH6, and 6 landers. KL's were AL, KH6's were HI, and 6's were just strange. Nothing else was clear at all. If you were searching for multipliers, you just worked everything but 2's and 6's - - those guys must breed like rabbits, they're everywhere! The 6's probably tuned past the 4's, too. We're too hard to understand ("K-fo-KK, yore fie nie in sackalina, QRZ!").
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: