Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT1000MP MKV Field  (Read 3080 times)
VE3ELL

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2010, 02:48:29 PM »

Hello ,
        I would like to know what type of headset from heil is best for the FT1000MP MKV Field.Any suggested settings would also be appreciated.

Russ  VE3ELL    Smiley
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 06:36:00 PM »

Hello ,
        I would like to know what type of headset from heil is best for the FT1000MP MKV Field.Any suggested settings would also be appreciated.

Russ  VE3ELL    Smiley
The Heil PROSET PLUS

http://www.durhamradio.com/heil-prosetplus-headset-stereo-ontario-canada.html

Make sure you tell them which adapter you need for your rig.

You can order the Heil foot or hand switch, or use VOX.

BTW the link I posted is the cheapest place in Ontario to buy that headset. Plus they do not charge you an extra 3% if you use your charge card and they might not charge you shipping either.

Guaranteed you will love this headset. I will have one soon also.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:38:20 PM by Rick Peterson » Logged
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »

Heil is definitely the way to go.

But I'd suggest the original Proset, rather than the Proset Plus.

The original is considerably less expensive, and I've found the Plus to be less comfortable when worn for long periods.

And you probably don't need both mic elements that are in the Plus.

Get the PS-4 which has just the HC-4 element that provides a "punchier" sound for DXing and Contesting, but is not at all unpleasant for rag-chewing.

I prefer foot-switch to VOX for "hands-free" operating.

And while the Heil  FS-2 foot-switch is excellent, at $44 (list) it's a bit pricey.

An alternative for $14.95 can be found at:
http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=18029+SW

Mel - KS2G

NR4C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »

Several comments:

1: The Heil is a good headset.  If you do mostly contesting, the HC-4 element is good.  If you are a 'Rag chewer', it is harsh and annoying to listen to for long periods.  The HC-5 is a better choice here.  The set with two elements (4 and 5) offers more versatility at a slightly higher cost.  But, better than buying two 'cause you bought the wrong one the first time.

2: Footswitch.  The Heil is more expensive, but it's well made.  And, you put your foot on it and pivot to talk.  I have used inexpensive 'Effect' pedals from the 'sound shop'.  These are smaller and are made to tap with your toe.  I have trouble with them bouncing on the carpet and spending a lot of time/effort just 'keeping up' with the darn pedal.  The Heil is a lot better in this situation.

3: Look at the YAMAHA CM-500 headset.  It is made for computers but has excellent microphone and full coverage cans.  It is lightweight and more comfortable than the Heil for prolonged use, like in a contest, special event, FD or and evening of 'rag chewing'.  Price here is about $45 to $60 dollars depending on where you shop and shipping cost.  I bought mine form Amazon.com, at about $60 (Amazon Prime provides free 2-day shipping for free).  B&H usually has them for around $45 with 2 day shipping at about $15 extra.  Longer ship time is less.

You will like the Heil products.  Weigh all the comments to make choice.

...bc   nr4c
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 02:55:44 PM »

Another good Heil choice is the BM-10, if you want a lighter weight headset. I have one for my "drag-long" rig, as well as two Pro-Sets; one with an HC-4 and one with an HC-5.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
VE3ELL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 05:01:56 PM »

I would like to thank all those that replied to my question.Hopefully one of the Ham supply stores in Ontario will have a sale on for boxing week.Merry Christmas & Happy New year to all who read this message.In the year 2011 I will have been licenced for 20 years.I really enjoy this great hobby.

73 Russ   VE3ELL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: