Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woo Hoo! Love permits!  (Read 14639 times)
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 02:58:06 AM »

So tell us, how did the experiment go with your wife? Did you get permission to move out of your regulated neighborhood and buy property cheap next to the guy with the 17 to 19 towers? Probably not. I guess you will just have to keep talking about towers and dreaming that some day you will have one of your own.  Cry

Who are you asking?

73 de Jim, N2EY
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 05:52:09 AM »

Aren't you the one that lives in the regulated neighborhood with no tower?  Wink
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:57:37 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2011, 01:04:25 AM »

"My dad used to say that reasonable is a weasel word."
Ok, so why don't you call the FCC and complain that their rules are "weasel." That ought to win you a you a station inspection and placement on an anti-government list. Let me know how that works out! Shocked
Oh my, excitable little guy, aren't you? And smart, too. I recall and post an old saw my dad was fond of saying about the word reasonable, and you conclude that MY opinion of FCC Regs are that they are “weasel”.
Wow, that's absolutely awesome, relentless linear logic.  Grin

You mention Station Inspections in your, um, rant, as if that is something to afraid of.
(You are apparently afraid of many, many things, going by your circumloquacious post.)
Why would ANY good ham be bothered by a Station Inspection? Why not, I have nothing to hide. I would welcome one.  No, strike that. I would PAY a (reasonable) fee TO have my station inspected by the FCC. All my gear is in compliance. I am not a No Code Tech on 10m running some garbage 11m CB "Lin-year". If I wereto have an RFI complaint (run 1kw in RTTY contests) have had one complaint in 24 years at this QTH), the FCC documentation showing that my station is in compliance would be great to have.

Placement on an "anti-government list"?
Are you SO frightened of governmental agencies such as the FCC that you don't ever challenge them, either in letter, email, or public forums, for fear they will actually retaliate and/or report you to Homeland Security? If yes, I think that you MAY have some more important personal issues to seek help for. As in help for your PARANOIA? Grin Black Helicopters  out to get you? (Actually it's the silver Allouettes you have to REALLY worry about.)See a highway sign you don't understand? That's part of the “Secret Invasion Route” for the United Nations Army when they invade the USA, naturally! Grin

if you don't care if you are aggravating your neighbors you will soon be surrounded by enemies!
Hmmmm, have aggravated neighbors and you will be “surrounded by enemnies”?
A bit dramatic, don’t you think? Even paranoid still. Have I ever aggravated a aneighbor or two? Sure! I had his dead car towed after it was parked there for 11 months. Warned him four times. I had it towed after the fourth warning. Are we “enemies”? No, you see Grasshopper,
unlike yourself...ADULTS GET OVER THESE THINGS. During the 1994 big earthquake here, we were out of the country. Even though we don’t really like each other, he came over onto my property and made sure the gas cutoff valve was turned off, and all the circuit breakers were to “OFF”, should the power come back on there couldn’t be any nasty live wiring.

KI4SDY Since the other poster won't address the obvious inconsistencies in his constantly changing arguments that I asked about, lets try some further investigation and an experiment!  I notice he appears to live in a regulated neighborhood!

So....you looked up his address and Google Mapped it.
Sounds like obsessive, paranoid Internet Stalker behavior to me.
Do you realize how immature,desperate and pathetic you sound in your arguments?

I’ve had plenty of discussions with ops on this board, but I’ve NEVER looked up
and Google Mapped their QTH’s.
You have a vivid imagination.
Then again most children DO!

Go talk about the thing's you're qualified to talk about:/b]
2m homebrew attic mounted 1/4 Ground Plane antennas....spray painted Krylon black. Grin
Don't forget your tin foil hat so the Govet Agents can't control your mind.....
73, Ken  AD6KA

N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2011, 04:08:04 AM »

Aren't you the one that lives in the regulated neighborhood with no tower?  Wink

Who are you asking?

It's not clear who you mean by "the one that lives in the regulated neighborhood with no tower". What is the person's name and/or call?

73 de Jim, N2EY
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2011, 07:26:45 AM »

One is in a rage and the other is oblivious. Typical!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:29:58 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2011, 10:33:42 AM »

Just to throw a monkey wrench at the whole License Lookup Google Earth the address determinations of wher someone's station is; your license address does not have to match the station location.

The license address is now the contact address for the licensee who may have his station(s) at other locations and may even be operating remotely. The remote operation gambit is one of the oft thrown out solutions for overcoming regulated communities. So, our regulated community dweller may live in the community for any number of reasons but "operate" from the boonies with a big signal.

As for me, my spouse wouldn't mind if she had friends fairly close. She likes the countryide and would figure that a station like that would give me somewhere to visit instead of staying around under foot.

KF7CG
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »

Great post Ken.  Personally, I wonder about the mental health of posters who rant and rave about issues that don't affect them and then focus their vitriol on anyone who does not agree with their poor attempts at using "logic".  Hope he doesn't send the FCC police after me for this post!  In regards to the topic of the thread, more power to the ham who is installing towers on his own property.

Vince
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2011, 02:16:17 PM »

Your comment, while seemingly true and consider true by many, simply isn't.....

You're lists are quite correct, but I wasn't speaking of such things.  I was speaking of things that do not affect adjoining properties, such as changing the appearances of the house or of the areas around the house.  Putting in shrubbery, a flagpole, etc.  Installing a barbecue pit or a deck in the backyard or putting in an above ground swimming pool.  Things like that.  Some people are just so ornery and close minded that they think that they can control what other people do, yet that other people have no say in what they do.  That was what I was referring to.

Also, if you didn't notice, I did not say absolute control.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:20:18 PM by K1CJS » Logged
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2011, 03:44:42 PM »

I was speaking of things that do not affect adjoining properties, such as changing the appearances of the house or of the areas around the house.  Putting in shrubbery, a flagpole, etc.  Installing a barbecue pit or a deck in the backyard or putting in an above ground swimming pool.

Good point, but even some of the things you list can affect adjoining properties. It all depends on the situation.

For example, a large-enough flagpole can fall onto an adjoining property. A barbecue pit, deck, above ground swimming pool, or other construction can change the impervious surface to such an extent that the stormwater runoff affects adjoining properties.

An above-ground pool of considerable size can also be a safety hazard (see "attractive nuisance"). If it fails suddenly, it can flood adjacent properties (I've seen this first-hand; it's amazing how much water a relatively small pool can hold).

There are things like noise to consider.

Of course these issues depend a lot on how small the properties are and how close to the property line something is installed. A big house on a small lot is a completely different situation from a small house on a big lot. Etc.

So the big questions, which are the constant source of debate, is "where do you draw the line?" and "who gets to draw it?". Having junk cars on the front lawn is one thing; not being allowed to change your own oil in your own driveway is another.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: