Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best CW contest TXCVR?  (Read 893 times)
WB4DGI

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2003, 02:43:13 PM »

I'm looking to get back into CW contesting after a 20 year lapse, and wondering which transceiver on the market today has the best CW op characteristics-- QSK, dual receive, call memory, band changing, receiver sensitivity and selectivity for weak signals, etc.

I like what I see in the E2 and MarkV-Field, any others?

Thanks, 73s
K1RDD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 02:27:45 PM »

My vote is for the 1000MP. We have 2 different flavors at our club shack. Make sure you get the CW filters.
W4TYU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 08:38:55 AM »

I believe the best combination is the TenTec Omni VI+ with full compliment of filters using TRLOG for contest logging.

JEAN
N0XE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 10:19:48 AM »

If you need dual receive, I don't think the  Omni 6 will work, but the new Orion might. Still waiting to see how it is going to do, since it is so new. The Yaesu 1000, super rig and very popular with the contest crowd, The Omni 6 is tops as well, and you will not go wrong with any of those two rigs. My favorite is the K-2 by Elecraft for pure CW performance and they just came out with a 100 watt version as well.  Hope you find what you need, but any of these rigs you would be pleased with, it just depends on how many features you need as they all have a following for certain things they do best.
73 N0XE
N7DM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 01:58:41 PM »

TEN-TEC... any of them !   Best CW rigs ever made... and I come from a background of Receivers / Transmitters / T-R switches !
W0UCE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 11:53:52 AM »

Based on the two rigs I have(Icom 756 Pro II and Yaesu FT 1000 MP) my recommendation would be the 756 Pro II.  You will love the RX Filter capability!  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: