Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for the Fun all  (Read 513 times)
KB3KKT

Ignore
« on: March 11, 2004, 10:42:26 AM »

Would like to thank all the Hams around the world for the fun I had this past weekend contesting.  Especially W3PP Dallas for the invite to his Multi-Multi Station in Delaware.  After about a 30 year absence from contesting it was great to be back in the chair again yelling my head off to get that one last contact before the band closed for the day and having the fun of being able to log staion's that I normally would be able to work.  (5 watt QRP is fun but not always able to get the rare ones.)

What a bunch of changes in contesting since I last sat down for a contest.  The compter controled transcievers (1000mp's) are just awesome especially when coupled with N!MM's contest logging set up.  Made working the 40 and 75 meter split station almost managible.  Running them on 15 meters was an education am really impressed with the guys and gals who go on and do that for hours on end with almost flawless precision.

And for those toes that might have been stepped on in the heat of contesting I apologize thankfully these only happen a few times a year at this level of participation.  I know I would sure hate to have to do this every week end.  I don't think my body could take it hi hi.

Take care all 73 and thanks again for all the fun

Lynn N3YE
from W3PP
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 01:46:30 PM »

Lynn, sounds like you had a blast. There's nothing quite so stimulating and consuming as a serious contest effort.

I hope the spark has kindled something in you for the longterm.

73 Mike N2MG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: