Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Echomac problem  (Read 2562 times)
KC2YBN

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »

Hi everyone,

I just recently started having problems with my echomac software. I cannot connect to any stations because it keeps giving me this error message saying "Echolinux error: vox-bind: Address already in use"  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
AL7MM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 01:06:30 PM »

Have you resolved your problem?

If not, have you tried power cycling your network router and modem?  It sounds like your IP address is showing as in use.

Mike, KL7MJ
KC2YBN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 05:35:12 PM »

I have tried all of the above....I have moved to different routers and so forth.  It worked at one point on my router at home and I have not changed anything since.  I feel like it is a software issue but have deleted and reinstalled the software many times but to no avail.
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 06:20:27 AM »

Sometimes deleting and reinstalling doesn't fix a software problem since the register still retains the original data.  After deleting software, you might try going to CMD, REGEDIT, then locating the software in question, and deleting.
AB2RC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:21:50 PM »

Sometimes deleting and reinstalling doesn't fix a software problem since the register still retains the original data.  After deleting software, you might try going to CMD, REGEDIT, then locating the software in question, and deleting.

The application is Echomac, it is a Macintosh program, not a Windows program, no registry involved. Most Mac apps use plist files (plist = preference list).

That being said, did you try deleting the preference file for Echomac?
delete or move ~/Library/Preferences/net.sourceforge.echomac.plist then open the Echomac app again. The plist will be recreated from default values if it is not present.
KC2YBN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 08:15:46 PM »

When I removed the program I made sure I removed every piece of it including the preference list yet the problem still occurs.  I have contacted the program developers but they have not returned my emails and I have a feeling they're not going to so Im still stuck with a broken echomac.  It seems that the problem isnt stuck on my computer but has something to do with the server maybe.  This area is not my forte so I am plum out of ideas.
WB6NGC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 08:54:15 AM »

Perhaps this link on the generic "bind: address in use" can help you solve the issue.

http://www.philforhumanity.com/UNIX_Support_4_Bind_Address_Already_in_Use_Error_Message.html

It does sound like some other program may be interfering.

Good luck

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: