Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I goofed, do I QSL?  (Read 1500 times)
KC8VWM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2003, 04:48:03 PM »

Joe,

I have to admire your honesty on the matter. I am sure it's not the first time this sort of thing has occurred. I am sure there may be instances where this  was intentionally done by others to establish QSO's. Clearly, this is not case in your situation.

What's even more important is the respect you display for the band segment by recognizing the mistake and your ability to police yourself accordingly.

Although I wouldn't consider the QSL as an official reciept of contact because of the method used to establish communications, However,If anything the QSL card could be considered a token reminder to prevent any future recurrence.

KC8VWM
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2003, 08:23:31 PM »

You say that you punch in 14.225, but do you
                think it's wise to transmit there? If you send with your VFO smack-dab on 225 a portion of your signal is bound to be
                emitted below your legal limit -- just as unlawfully as it would be to operate out of the ham bands altogether.
===============================
W2IRT:
    While operating "SMACK DAB" on 14.225 MHz could result in a General operator having part of their signal falling outside of their frequency privilege, it would probably not be viewed QUITE as serious a violation as operating out of the Amateur band altogether.  (Which could be a violation of International rules, rather than FCC regulations.)  It's still an unacceptable practice, however.  We ARE required to ensure our operating is within our license privileges.
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2003, 07:21:35 AM »

Congrats on the upgrade. We all make mistakes unlike the Jerk that started jumping on you calling you a 11 meter operator. Have fun with your new Extra ticket. I got mine in Aug. 73 and God Bless.

Roland AH6RR
WB4QNG

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2004, 01:40:49 AM »

Man if I did that I would have sent my ticket back to the FCC and would never get on the air again.  Not really. You just realized what you did. I am sure a lot of us have done it and never knew we did it. My question is why would a ham working a contest want to call CQ in the extra portion of the  band or for that matter even in the Advance portion of the band. The idea is to work the most stations that you can and they are in the General portion. Now that you have your extra class the question is if the Russian station sends you a card would you send him one back.  I would. I think the FCC and hams in general have a lot more to worry when it comes to ham radio than one person making one accidental contact outside his class. Congradulations on your upgrade. I guess I should do that but for personal reasons I think I will keep my Advance ticket untill the FCC tells us we have to upgrade or lose our privilages.
Terry
WB4QNG
K0AMZ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2004, 08:02:22 PM »

Accidents happen, In the days (mentioned earlier) analog you could be off like you were.  My question is your call sign, you state you upgraded but the call search shows you are a tec and not tech + even.  And today almost four months after you "passed" extra it still shows you tech??

Honesty pays.

K0AMZ   Galen
K0AMZ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2004, 08:04:38 PM »

My mistake, punched in your call sign wrong,  Sorry for being dislectic (sp).

Galen
W1LBY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2004, 10:00:17 AM »

Ignoramus troll working overtime.
Couldnt even double check the call before making your troll post.
And its dyslectic with a Y.
W9RPE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 06:38:58 PM »

Real nice comment from N4JNE.  A little ironic I though, to ask "So, are we Hams or CB'ers!!" after insulting another Ham.

Be nice.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: