Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How about having longer duration contests?  (Read 7428 times)
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »

In the past, they had one club officer that would post disparaging signs up at the radio trailer with call signs written on them of hams he didn't like.  The Bozo would then lie about about it if asked, but someone took some pictures. 

That goofus was an officer of the club and was doing that childishness?
I hope y'all booted him out...of the position and the club.

I'd like to see less emphasis on the contest aspect of Field Day.
I enjoy hearing people describe their setups, the funny stories,
("I remembered to pack everything except the power cable for my rig!")  Huh etc.
I know, it wouldn't be practical. Lotsa people get upset when you
deviate from the exchange, even at 3 AM.
73, Ken  AD6KA
N1DVJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 05:56:49 AM »

Nope, he stayed.  Even after complaint were raised.  The problem was it wasn't just this one individual, it was rife through the management and 'upper' members of the club at the time.  One of the BOD members and trustee of the repeater was one of the 'wheels' involved in this.  I complained and the other executive members were like "What do you want us to do?"  Well, if you have to ask, you're part of the problem!

At one point, they had an executive meeting that was supposed to be 'open'.  A friend of mine showed up at the restaurant, and they asked him to leave because his membership was expired.  So he wrote a check on the spot and refused to leave.  He said the agenda changed and they had a 'public' meeting, followed by 'executive conference' that was closed. 

Thing is, the clown that was one of the biggest problems wasn't really the problem.  It was a BOD member that he thought was his 'friend'.  I personally believe the whole thing was a 'setup' of the club officer for the entertainment value.  (I know, nice friends, right?)  Then there were the 'puppy dog hanger ons' that added to the entertainment. 

They're all gone from the club now.
AD4C2006

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 08:53:39 AM »

What Huh I will vote for shorter time contests,just 24 hours is more than enough for all the madness that happens almost every weekend makinng the bands useless for ragchewing or even dxing.Unfortunately contesters has become beasts who only care about making a "point" or a multiplier and use over the legal limit power plus an opened wide compressor that creates more splatters,more bandwith,useless spectrum,etc.Decency and good amateur practices are lost those weekends.
Contesters should be allowed to be just 24 hours in a segment of the band and leave the rest for peaceful operation.

AD4C
NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 06:37:30 AM »

What Huh I will vote for shorter time contests,just 24 hours is more than enough for all the madness that happens almost every weekend

Almost every weekend?  Are you kidding me?  There were no contests of ANY size last weekend or the weekend before that.  You need to stop reading the propaganda pieces.

makinng the bands useless for ragchewing or even dxing.

How is the band useless?  I've worked lots of DX and made lots of QSOs on contest weekends.  Hell, during the last CQWW, I worked 100 countries in 24 hours from my home QTH.  After all, the point of a DX contest is to work DX, no???

Unfortunately contesters has become beasts who only care about making a "point" or a multiplier and use over the legal limit power plus an opened wide compressor that creates more splatters,more bandwith,useless spectrum,etc.Decency and good amateur practices are lost those weekends.

Oh, nets and DX pileups are such the examples of decency and good amateur practice.  How many times have I heard a pileup where the DX transmitting frequency was a cacophany of words like "LID," "up," "listen up jacka$$," "he's not calling you," etc.

Please
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: