Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tower restrictions, any attorneys or experienced hams? Need help  (Read 64056 times)
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »

This is old and stale, but I see someone else reactivated it, so I wanted to comment on the advice above......

NEVER EVER give more than they ask for, and especially NEVER point out things that might be problems. NEVER.

Always supply exactly what they need, and the VERY MINIMUM they ask for. The only thing to ever fight is what they decide is a problem. Offering things not asked for will often create problems they never even thought of.

I agree 100%.

I should have written something like: "Get all the information you can, but only supply exactly what they ask for".

73 es TNX de Jim, N2EY
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2012, 01:05:54 PM »

Both are sound advice. Get all the materials together that were mentioned. Then only provide the minimum asked for. Extra information can cause more questions, but if it is on hand it can quickly be used to impress with thoroughness if needed, but not before.

KF7CG
AJ4CU

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2012, 10:47:34 PM »

I was wondering, at the meeting where the township agreed to allow the structure would that not have been either recorded or transcribed? are not all meetings of this nature recorded in some manner? I would request a transcript (through the freedom of information act) of the meeting citing where it was stated they were in fact allowing the structure and then press for legal action on the basis of false statements (lies!), bring this to the attention of the State attorney general, I am sure he/she would love to roast a few petty politicians for bold face lies...The newspaper would also love to put this in print...
N4BAA

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »

I just moved to BUCKS COUNTY....Warrington Township in PA and they are terrible too.
The do consider ham radio tower permit applications as telecommunications entities and there is no way around it short of  about $10K out of pocket and much of that is non refundable. Sure there are lawyers willing to help, but they won't work for free obviously.
I would be exempt if I attached the tower to the house..but I am on 4 acres and that won't work for me.

My question revolves around what do they consider as "attached"? I would argue that all my towers have always been "attached" to the my houses.... albeit by cable...but connected and attached nonetheless. Funny, I don't need a permit for a flagpole, but I do need one for an accessory structure. GO figure.

I am looking for a new house somewhere else as this is just crazy and I am not willing to fight it... JUST WHAT THEY WANTED.

Jose
N4BAA
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2013, 01:03:11 PM »

I just moved to BUCKS COUNTY....Warrington Township in PA and they are terrible too.
The do consider ham radio tower permit applications as telecommunications entities and there is no way around it short of  about $10K out of pocket and much of that is non refundable. Sure there are lawyers willing to help, but they won't work for free obviously.
I would be exempt if I attached the tower to the house..but I am on 4 acres and that won't work for me.

My question revolves around what do they consider as "attached"? I would argue that all my towers have always been "attached" to the my houses.... albeit by cable...but connected and attached nonetheless. Funny, I don't need a permit for a flagpole, but I do need one for an accessory structure. GO figure.

I am looking for a new house somewhere else as this is just crazy and I am not willing to fight it... JUST WHAT THEY WANTED.

Jose
N4BAA
Jose,  I wish I knew what to tell you.

I know that after I got the direct email from you, I put you in touch with Mike K3AIR.  Sadly, he is literally over 300 miles away from you, so it is not practical for him to travel to the other side of the state on a regular basis.

I do know that Mike has succesfully fought on behalf of WPA amateurs against other townships with similar ordinances & attitudes.  PA State Law (the aforementioned Act 88) does apply to them, whether they like it or not.

If you were to retain counsel, I'd suggest that your lawyer talk with Mike.  But if you've simply decided to move (and I don't blame you... I lived for 2 years in Bucks County, believe me, I do NOT blame you!!) then there's really no point to it, is there?

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: