Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood MCP-2 and 64 bit vista to program TM-D710?  (Read 1288 times)
WN2C

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2010, 10:05:31 PM »

I had this question on the APRS forum but it should probably go here.  At least I might get some kind of answer to my question.  Has anyone tried to use the MCP-2 program from Kenwood w/ a vista 64 bit computer and were you successful?  I am trying to program a Knwd TM-D710.  I am trying to find out b4 I try it so as to not have any issues with the radio after like it being locked up and not able to program.  I also have the Travel plus to program repeater info which will integrate freqs, PL tone and shift etc..  Has anyone programmed their radio with this program on a 64 bit vistasystem?  Kenwood says it wont work on a 64 bit Vista, that it won't read the radio, but it down loaded and opens up and I can move around in the program, i.e. open menus, help file...What is the worst that can happen?  Any info or help would be appreciated!

Thanks! es 73 de k2uh
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 06:22:15 AM »

I have not tried it but as long as it is a 32 bit apps it should run fine under Vista 64bit. In nearly 3 years of using Vista 64 bit on a quad core machine with 8 gig of ram the only program issues I have had (ones that refuse to run) are with old 16 bit windows apps that XP and Vista 32 still supports. Microsoft left this support out of 64 bit Vista by design and I have yet to see a after market solution for this too. There is one "official" solution though in that you can load Virtual PC on you machine and then run XP on it in a virtual session and it will run as a normal XP machine in a virtual environment. It works nicely but is memory and CPU hungry to run smoothly. Do not try it with less than 6 gig of ram or it will page/swap code a lot and get sluggish at times.

--------------------------------------
Entered using a  WiFi Win 8.1 RT tablet or a Android tablet using 4G/LTE or WiFi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: