Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make a 25-30 foot push up pole for 30 bucks and my new Christmas toy  (Read 3663 times)
KC0UXP

Ignore
« on: December 26, 2010, 12:35:12 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUxZWICphGg
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 02:57:56 PM »

Is that wood shed your radio shack? Pretty low starting point as far as the first attachment to a structure. I always use the peak of the house or a sturdy chimney to gain as much height as I can before guying. Luckily, I have a great tall chimney on the back of the house and get 30 feet out of that before I have to guy. Another 30 feet is no problem and the neighbors don't have to look at an ugly tower, which can be a magnet for complaints. You have a good start on an antenna farm for antennas that don't need much height, though.  Smiley  

What you might do later on is get two more sections of even larger diameter metal poles, some heavier gauge guy wire, some concrete to anchor the base pole and get that antenna up about 50 feet. You can attach some sloping dipoles as extra guys for a bonus!  Grin
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 06:26:30 PM by Guy "Vern" Wells » Logged
K2MK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »

The Channel Master and Rohn 30 foot masts give you the added benefit of special crimping that prevents an inner section from popping out of a lower section during the raising process. This can prove very important and well worth the additional money if raising a bulky antenna like a hex beam.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: