Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: External audio manipulation for hearing impared hams  (Read 2851 times)
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 09:02:40 PM »

Thank you for your reply.  I've been going to a great audiologist for several years and I'm now on my second set of hearing aids.  The ones I'm now using are mutlti-channel and the frequency response curve can be altered with his computer.  I am rapidly running out of headroom on the hearing aids that I am using and I'm using this post to get suggestions from anyone who wishes to comment.  Spending another $3 or 4Kbucks for more powerful hearing aids is going to be rough.

I received a wonderful gift from one of you.  It is a multi-channel stero EQ board!  I'm going to hook it up to either my amplifer.  I'm hoping to use external speakers with this setup at least for a while. Hopefully this will get me away from the stereo headphones and the problems it creates.  Seems that one problem is always solved but creates one or more to take it's place.

The game plan is to put off losing the use of SSB for as long as possible.  I understand that I eventually be backed to CW and then perhaps nothing but intend to go down fighting!  Ham radio has been a wonderful hobby for 54 years now and I have no intention of giving it up.

Many thanks to all of you who have offered suggestions here on eHam.com forum.

Al - K8AXW
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 12:08:06 PM »

Good Luck with the project. I hope you come up with a combination that solves (at least for a while) your hearing problems.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: