Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FireFox 4.0 64 bit  (Read 16694 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »

Once you install the 64 bit beta flash plugin then it will update automatically but it will not install first time on demand.

--------------------------------------
Entered using a  WiFi Win 8.1 RT tablet or a Android tablet using 4G/LTE or WiFi.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 08:46:29 PM »

Once you install the 64 bit beta flash plugin then it will update automatically but it will not install first time on demand.

I just Googled it, and looked around on adobe.com, but can't find it. Do you happen to have a link? TIA.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:48:31 PM by W0BTU » Logged

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 08:58:32 PM »

Did not take long to find it (about 30 seconds via google) It is code named "Square"

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_square.html

BTW I just did a search for 64 bit flash
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:01:24 PM by W8JX » Logged

Entered using a  WiFi Win 8.1 RT tablet or a Android tablet using 4G/LTE or WiFi.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »

Thanks! I found "square", but not that page. The link on adobe.com that I found kept looping back on itself.

FLASH WORKS NOW! Thank you!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:14:47 PM by W0BTU » Logged

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »

Actually link I sent was correct, if you scroll down page you will find two 64 bit downloads. One for IE and another for other browsers.

W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »

Actually link I sent was correct...

I wasn't saying your link was wrong; that's how I found what I needed.

What I meant was, what I found via my own Google search and my own browsing at adobe.com wasn't what I needed.

You solved my issue, and I appreciate that! :-)

Life is good again.  Smiley

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 10:13:53 PM »

I was not offended. Glad you found it. I used to do IT support so I kinda do and look for things without thinking and tend to assume others do too. Adobe has not main streamed the 64 bit flash support because "official" 64 bit browsers are limited and mostly beta. Once 64 bit browsers go main stream I look for Flash support to as well. On a side note, I would stay away from Adobe reader 10.x as I have found it to be a bit quirky on a 64 bit OS and rolled back to 9.4 until 10.x has more time to mature.

W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 10:31:31 PM »

... I would stay away from Adobe reader 10.x as I have found it to be a bit quirky on a 64 bit OS and rolled back to 9.4 until 10.x has more time to mature.

Absolutely! I've had trouble with the regular version of Adobe reader ever since I started using the 64-bit version of Windows 7! I should have uninstalled it and replaced it with http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader, but I haven't yet.

I very much appreciate your advice! Thank you!

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 07:59:05 AM »

I just read the FireFox 4.x has graduated from nightly build release to public beta release.

W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 12:03:24 AM »

Houston, we have a problem. Thank God and Microsoft for System Restore.

The latest version of Minefield (FF 64-bit for Win7) breaks the "reply" pages on qrz.com. I had to do a system restore to fix it.

After the system restore, it was OK, then I applied the Minefield update. Same problem. Had to do a System Restore again.

I turned off automatic updates in Minefield, but that's not a good long-term solution, since I can't get auto security updates.

Anyone have a solution?

FYI, similar post at http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?287236-Problem-with-latest-Firefox-64-bit-beta-and-qrz.com
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:16:48 AM by W0BTU » Logged

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 05:21:19 AM »

I turned off automatic updates in Minefield, but that's not a good long-term solution, since I can't get auto security updates.

Anyone have a solution?

If you turn off automatic updates for minefield you can still do them manually. I have always done mine manually. Go to help menu, select about and click on update button.

W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 12:22:43 AM »

Now I'm not so sure that the qrz.com bug was Minefield (Firefox). They were working on the site and I saw some other bugs.

Regardless, when NoScript became disabled (which may have been because I didn't update Minefield), I uninstalled it and went back to FF 3.6.14. If I would have been in a different mood, I might not have done that, but I was tired of these issues getting in the way.

Sure do miss some of Minefield's features, though. :-)

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 04:40:30 AM »

I have seen little glitches in Minefield at times but they usually disappear for nightly builds. You did now that you did not need to uninstall it because minefield and regular release of FireFox co-exist nicely and share bookmarks, history and such.

N3ZH

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »

For you 64 bit users out there, take a look at FireFox's 64 bit beta (4.0 beta9) I have been running it for a while and it is much faster than 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine. It goes under the name "Minefield" which they name their beta pre-release browsers. I always run multiple windows and multiple tab in each window and 32 bit Firefox would leak memory and get in a background loop and get slow and require browser relaunches. 64bit version does not do this. For what it is worth:)

Wow, minefield is really fast.
And all my printer problems are gone.

Thanks,

Howard
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »

Wow, minefield is really fast.
And all my printer problems are gone.

It has been my "experience" that FireFox/Minefield has always been much better about printing from the web than IE.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: