Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation time  (Read 451 times)
DL8MBS

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2005, 08:02:48 AM »

Hello,
why is it that contest organizers do not publish the operation-time of every participant in the score tables? Please point me to those I have overlooked.
With the available software it should be no problem to do it with an even standard in no time.

It is such a crucial information - but still our tables look like those of a golf tournament with the participants finishing unknown numbers between 36 and 72 holes. Quite informative... In my real world job as
journalist I would prefer to deny the publication of such a list because of comparing apples with oranges.

It is fine that we have marathon distances to show stamina and conditon as well. But why do organizers simply omit the distance every participant has done? Are they afraid that the number of full-time-operators come out as very small? Presumably it is, simply because for participants in an amateur sport like contesting obligations like work and familiy have priority for good reasons. It is beyond radio skill to add or negotiate more hours (no argument for shortening the big distances!).

So why not adding the numbers of operation hours for all entrants as done at 3830? Do it for a better comparison not for creating reasons for more awards and plaques. With 350 hard earned lowwire-qsos in 22 hours I may still be ahead of DF1xxx with 299 - but knowing that he has done it in 4 hours will show me the real thing.
Best 73 and see you on the bands, Chris (DL8MBS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: