Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Online News Stories/Videos about.....  (Read 838 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2011, 04:55:56 PM »

...the 1983 invasion of Grenada that include ham radio's role in getting information out of the island during the landing....I tried google searching and youtube, but I was unable to find nothing....Can anyone point me in a direction???....I remember it like it was yesterday seeing how hams were receiving what information there was coming from the medical school as the battles raged....I am very interested in this...please advise...

V
KA3NRX

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »

Gotta Google more efficiently. Putting words and phrases in quotation
marks forces them to appear in the search results. Found this real quick:

http://www.qsl.net/vu2msy/grenada.htm

"Mark Baratella (Call-sign KA2ORK/J37) a student ham radio operator, operating from his second-floor room at Saint George's Medical School became an essential link between the island and the rest of the free world as a result of Regan Administration's decision to prohibit members of the press from accompanying the Marines to Grenada."

His call now is N2MD.
Look up his contact info on QRZ and get the inside story straight from the guy who did it.
73, Ken AD6KA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: