Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AES is Terrible when compared to HRO  (Read 23461 times)
KG6YV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 08:21:14 AM »

I am sure that times change and in a multiple-store chain there may be some differences but I have always had good service from AES Las Vegas (no Ca sales tax for me). 

I wanted a Yaesu FT-2000, speaker and mic in 2007 so I checked prices and found with AES I would save the 8.75% sales tax AND that the stuff would ship free.  I called AES told the salesman what I wanted.  He mentioned that Yaesu would be starting a $200.00 off/coupon in three days.  He suggested I order it with a stipulation to process the order four days later.  They did it!  He even called me on my cell phone the day the order shipped to confirm the discount coupon and give me the UPS delivery data.

Greg
KI6KPC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 03:54:57 PM »

I have had good treatment from AES Vegas. HRO was having their 2010 Black Friday sale, But living in CA, I would have lost all benefit to sales tax. So, I called AES to see if they would price match and they did. They were polite and did not grumble. I now have an Yaesu FTM-350r to enjoy.  Smiley

KI6KPC
Elliot Kwock
K6CU

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 10:32:24 AM »

I just ordered a new FT-950 on their website on Sunday, 2/13. It was delivered today, 2/16. I paid the on-line purchase via credit card with no questions asked, and absolutely no delay of any kind.

I've purchased from AES, off and on, for 40 years and they've always been good to deal with. Fair prices, quick response to any questions, etc.

Now, please excuse me... I need to play with the new radio!

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »

I just ordered a new FT-950 on their website on Sunday, 2/13. It was delivered today, 2/16. I paid the on-line purchase via credit card with no questions asked, and absolutely no delay of any kind.

I've purchased from AES, off and on, for 40 years and they've always been good to deal with. Fair prices, quick response to any questions, etc.

Now, please excuse me... I need to play with the new radio!

You need to reread the post, I said that NEW customers that try to order for the first time with a Credit card are asked to pay via Money Order only, so a "40 Year customer" like yourself does not have that problem.  Secondly how did you like paying shipping fee's?  You could get it shipped for free with HRO.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »

I called AES today to order some items. I was told that first time orders need to be paid by Money Order and that after that Transaction is completed I could then use a Credit Card. Huh

I've heard of some pretty stupid business practices, but this one takes the cake.

The majority of my customers are "first-time" customers. I would have been out of business years ago, had we pulled anything like that kind of crazy sales policy.

Thanks for the warning.

KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 03:37:48 PM »

What can I say, HRO rocks.  I bought in the last year a Icom 7600 and Tokyo Hy-Power HL1.2KFx linear from them.  I'd buy more this year if I have monies left over after paying mortgage and my kid's school tuition   Sad

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 10:25:54 PM »

I know for a fact that if you buy a new rig from HRO and get a lemon,
if you ship or bring it back within 10 days,they give you another
brand new radio of the same model.

I have been TOLD (I do NOT know this as fact) that if you buy a new
rig from AES and get a lemon, they tell you "It's a warranty issue
between you and the manufacturer, not our problem, good luck"

Is this true, or is someone pulling my leg?
Thanks es 73, Ken  AD6KA
K6LO

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 08:47:08 AM »

I have purchased a couple of used radios from AES and at that time they had a 10 day return policy for full refund and 30 days for full credit towards new equipment.
W7TX

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »

I bought a new Alinco HT a few years back from AES in Las Vegas.  The display was out of it after about 10 seconds of power the day I got it.  I called Vegas and they said it was warranty issue and I had to send it to Milwaukee, which I did at my expense.  After a week and a half I got a new radio sent from Vegas.  Had a problem with an external DSP from HRO once, they sent a new one and the the UPS guy picked up the bad one on the same visit.  Took all of 2 days.  HRO's free shipping is a plus.
N9RO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 05:19:05 PM »

I have had no problems with AES or HRO.   HRO gives free shipping on orders over $100 AES is much higher, for that reason HRO now gets my business.

Tim
www.n9ro.com

Real techies don't use knobs.
W3QE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 10:49:11 AM »

Watch what you say about AES on here you may end up like me--NOT allowed to buy from them ever again---lol   I started a thread on here in the past about AES and to this day I am banned from AES. 

Since the original owner and his starship died, AES has been going down the crapper. This thread is further proof.

I buy exclusively from HRO because they are fair and very helpful on top of free shipping. Others should take notice, but like AES they are just too stupid, to HRO's benefit.

AES is ticking time bomb, given their antics and hard headed management. I predict they will implode sooner than later, look around at today's business realities, it's a given.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 02:49:02 PM »

Your kidding right?

Watch what you say about AES on here you may end up like me--NOT allowed to buy from them ever again---lol   I started a thread on here in the past about AES and to this day I am banned from AES. 
W3QE

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 08:19:18 PM »

WA8MEA I know it's tough but try not being a moron running your mouth without the facts!!

I was still receiving their magazine of goodies for some time AFTER I was informed I couldn't buy from them ever again so at that point I did request to stop receiving it because it was moot point...DUH Mr WA8MEA/MORON Call them and ask yourself you---moron.
KC7YRA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 07:50:16 PM »

When I was a young ham at the age of 12, I was looking for my first HT.  This was before we had internet, so I decided to call up the AES Vegas and ask a question or two and order a radio (I had it narrowed down between 2 or 3).

One of the sales folks answered and was snotty off the bat.  I'm sure it was clear that I was a child, but this feller took it upon himself to treat me worse than I have ever been treated by a salesperson on the phone.  I have had bill collectors who were nicer.

So I hung up and called HRO Denver and had my questions answered within 5 minutes and a new Icom HT on the way with all of the goodies.

Since then (now 15 years later), I have NEVER once ordered from AES and I use their catalog as bathroom reading material (use their nice pics to look at items then go order from HRO).  My entire family (who are all licensed) remembers this story and all 10+ of them do not order from AES.

Brad
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:51:48 PM by KC7YRA » Logged
WB0YLE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 07:10:01 PM »

When I was a young ham at the age of 12, I was looking for my first HT.  This was before we had internet, so I decided to call up the AES Vegas and ask a question or two and order a radio (I had it narrowed down between 2 or 3).

One of the sales folks answered and was snotty off the bat.  I'm sure it was clear that I was a child, but this feller took it upon himself to treat me worse than I have ever been treated by a salesperson on the phone.  I have had bill collectors who were nicer.

So I hung up and called HRO Denver and had my questions answered within 5 minutes and a new Icom HT on the way with all of the goodies.

Since then (now 15 years later), I have NEVER once ordered from AES and I use their catalog as bathroom reading material (use their nice pics to look at items then go order from HRO).  My entire family (who are all licensed) remembers this story and all 10+ of them do not order from AES.

Brad

Proof positive that in business, ticking off one customer has a ripple effect that multiplies the loss of the immediate business.

I was thinking of ordering from AES...they had some things that are not listed in the HRO catalogue...guess I don't need them that badly (basically QSL card wall hanger thingies...yeah, old school...have some real nice ones that have come in over the last 18 months since I came back into the hobby...).

HRO?  Well...the New Castle store has what I need, and it's a nice Saturday morning drive to save the PA sales tax (no tax in DE), and being able to talk 'ham' with fellow enthusiasts is a nice way to pass the time. 

Thanks for all the notes about AES.  But, you're right, it is a neat catalogue...

73 Bryan WB0YLE
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: