Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AES is Terrible when compared to HRO  (Read 22478 times)
WD4CHP

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 06:19:54 PM »

I have always had excellent transactions with AES.

I get next day delivery for anything I order.

For the big items, I go to Orlando just to talk with them.

In all the years I have dealt with them, I have had no complaints.

No icon for it but "thumbs up."
WI4P

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 01:31:49 PM »

My first purchase from AES was done online on 04/07/2011, was billed to my visa and shipped the same day.  Basically the same kind of service I've gotten from HRO, Universal ( love their website ), W4RT ?, Wouxun.us.

John
KJ4ZOG
WD4CHP

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »

I have had no problems with AES Orlando.

If I order before 10AM I get what I ordered the next day.

I have never had that service with HRO.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 07:47:34 AM »

I've used both, and I can't see a stark difference between AES and HRO.  The thread author's assertions are WAY different than my experiences with AES over the course of 35 years.  HRO has been good to deal with as well.  I'm guessing this guy had a "bad experience", and he's on a trashing campaign.

FWIW, their pricing at Dayton was very similar, and both offered free UPS shipping and no sales tax (assuming you ordered something expensive, and you didn't live in Ohio).  HRO's rig prices were a bit higher that AES, but their accessories were a bit cheaper than AES.

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2011, 04:05:38 PM »

The Authors "assertions" are not part of some sort of "trashing campaign"  Angry

K9MHZ you should watch what you say especially if you don't know the facts!  
I could just as easily say that your comments are some sort of helping hand to AES for a possible discount or to get favor with someone there, but since I don't know I won't make such a statement.

What I said is exactly what happened when I called them and tried to place an order! If they have since changed the policy; which I doubt, then that would be great; but overall AES is a really poor company with some stupid policies.

1) Pay for shipping with AES or get it free with HRO.
2) New Credit card customers must jump through Hoops with AES, with HRO its a 123 process done in 10 minutes.
3) Based on posts, returning defective items to AES is problematic, with HRO it seems to be easy

Instead of Bashing me why don't you verify each of these with them and get back to us??
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 04:15:20 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2011, 08:43:50 PM »

I have ordered several transceivers and accessory items from AES Orlando over the last few years and have enjoyed excellent service. Pleasant phone conversations, super fast delivery, professional packing and good pricing. What's not to like?

Don N4TTS
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 05:07:03 AM »

"KD8MJR wrote: Instead of Bashing me why don't you verify each of these with them and get back to us??"

Oh, so you trash AES on a public forum, but when most of the thread disagrees with you, you kick and scream and whine that you're being "bashed".  Wow.

AES probably ran your credit card number, and the bank came back with "YGTBSM"  Here's an idea....if you don't like AES, don't friggin' use them.  I've got no cat in this fight other than not being wild about seeing a very junior ham come on here from his trailer park in WV, and whining about a company that's been around for many decades.  It's a very tough business they're in, and if you want to see pricing and customer service really tank....keep this up and watch what happens if they go away and you end up with just a sole source for new gear.

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2011, 01:06:04 PM »

K9MHZ it's absolutely amazingly how stupid and bigoted you are.
You don’t even realize that many people who have to work in DC setup base in WV, mainly because if you want to have a couple of acres of land like in my case to put up Antennas and get around restrictions, it's a good place to go. And do you also realize that many of these "Trailer Park" people your talking about are many of the people who serve this country right now on the front lines of Afghanistan and Iraq while you sit at home in your nice 2009 home Wink

Anyway you’re really not worth arguing with. Once I realized you could not answer the questions and instead turned it into a personal attack I knew you had nothing.

If you want to keep going down this road I will certainly follow your lead. And if AES goes out of business that’s their own fault, they have a major competitor that offers free shipping and sells the items at the same price and sometimes even less than they do, and yet they do nothing about it. How long do they expect to survive!

Instead of bashing me by trying to portray me as poor and homeless why don't you answer the three Questions and find out once and for all who offers the better prices and service.  Anything short of that is just deviating from the topic and irrelevant to the central post.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:33:53 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2011, 03:52:09 PM »

AES probably ran your credit card number, and the bank came back with "YGTBSM"

Not being well versed in Netspeak, it took me a minute to "Get it" (YGTBSM).
Now THAT'S funny! Back when I worked retail, the machines
either said "Declined" or "Call Bank"  Grin

Oh and guys, if you try to charge something and the card you KNOW
is good does come back "Declined", FFS don't take it out on the salesman!
He WANTS the card to be good and make the sale & commission!
Just be calm and call the bank. If the card really IS good the bank rep will
make the sale go through, I've seen it a hundred times.

Those transactions really separate the true gentlemen
from the ones who fancy themselves gentlemen........
N3JBH

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »

I never had a problem with AES and credit and yes was only last week or so i used them. I called , ordered the item gave my info and bang it was here 10 Am next day very pleased with them. And no sorry i don't live in a trailer but did proudly serve my country.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2011, 06:03:10 PM »

AES did not even ask for my credit card number.  Roll Eyes

The Guy asked me for my call sign and then said "oh it's a new account", I said yes I did previous orders with HRO so I figured why try not AES this time.   He said well since it's a new account I must inform you sir that you can't place an order with a Credit Card, you must do it by Money Order and after that all your other orders can be done by Credit Card.
Most of you guys must have been doing orders with them for years, that's why this policy change has not had an impact on you.

In any case the shipping fee's are enough to keep me away from AES.

AES probably ran your credit card number, and the bank came back with "YGTBSM"

Not being well versed in Netspeak, it took me a minute to "Get it" (YGTBSM).
Now THAT'S funny! Back when I worked retail, the machines
either said "Declined" or "Call Bank"  Grin

Oh and guys, if you try to charge something and the card you KNOW
is good does come back "Declined", FFS don't take it out on the salesman!
He WANTS the card to be good and make the sale & commission!
Just be calm and call the bank. If the card really IS good the bank rep will
make the sale go through, I've seen it a hundred times.

Those transactions really separate the true gentlemen
from the ones who fancy themselves gentlemen........
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:26:26 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »

AS STATED NUMEROUS TIMES, THIS IS A POLICY FOR NEW CUSTOMERS.

I never had a problem with AES and credit and yes was only last week or so i used them. I called , ordered the item gave my info and bang it was here 10 Am next day very pleased with them. And no sorry i don't live in a trailer but did proudly serve my country.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2011, 07:42:51 PM »

You really are a piece of work, KD8MJR. 

Good grief, what a hilljack freak.

N3JBH

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2011, 06:27:36 AM »

"AES did not even ask for your credit card number.  Roll Eyes "

Who made that comment??? Ok we get it you don't like AES's policy for new account's. There is a very simple solution to it DON"T SHOP WITH THEM THEN.
I seriously doubt there going to miss you that badly.  You pretty well made it clear you like HRO that's fine deal with them then. I like to get a lot my stuff from Burghardt before they stopped selling stuff.  it is all about who you want to send your money too and if you like one better then the other well use that seller then..
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2011, 02:52:40 PM »

After that I certainly don't shop at AES , and yes like most I spend my money where it's welcomed.
This recent stuff was not bought up by me, I was just defended the crap being said about me.

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: