Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AES is Terrible when compared to HRO  (Read 23453 times)
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2011, 09:00:56 PM »

[Me taking out world's tiniest violin]

Waaa friggin waaa... I wouldn't sell anything to this whiner if he had a 24 carat gold, Gold card.
Here is a prime example why we have fewer and fewer commercial amateur radio dealers as time passes.

Not withstanding the Mensa level English language usage, we have another newbie wiener who believes the world owes him red carpet treatment because he's going to buy a ten dollar item.

Don N4TTS

<clip>
I was just defended the crap being said about me.
<clip>
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:07:49 PM by N4TTS » Logged
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »

Your argument does not make a whole lot of sense.

It's whining because one has to send in a Money Order on their first order?  An order which was not $10 but around $500.

It's whining because one has to pay an additional $20+ fee for shipping?

I guess expecting to be able to order something with one's Credit Card is considered red carpet treatment at AES Huh  If thats the case it's no wonder most people go to HRO.

As for the error in Grammar, I did type in "Defending" but since I was on the road and used an Iphone to respond, that change is what happened.  The iphone spell checker has a nasty habit of auto correcting stuff and changing it.  Go look up the problems with it's spell checker on google, it's good for a laugh.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:07:26 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
N3JBH

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »

"it's no wonder that most people go to HRO"  Really Huh you done the research? you seen the the total dollar figures? The inventory sheets? HRO is a very good dealer but then so is AES. Why not start ripping on Universal Radio they have items they wont ship period you have to go to show room to pick up. Now that is hilarious AES will ship them same items go figure that one.  Maybe you need to shop at Gigaparts at least they give free stuff away every month. Sorry i can't leave this thread go it gets Jerry Springer like quite entertaining  Grin
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2011, 12:28:11 PM »

To KD8MJR:
This incident you had with AES happened 5 MONTHS ago.....GET OVER IT!
They don't even know you exist yet you're letting them
still rent space in your head and holding a big resentment about them?
Why? For what? This:
I was just defended the crap being said about me.
Hey, it's a public forum on the internet.
No matter what or where you post, someone will post crap about you.

Develope a thicker skin about crap posts from strangers
or don't post at all.
Geesh. I'm hearing violins now too.........
Ken,  AD6KA
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2011, 01:41:02 PM »

Ken if you look at the thread I stopped posting to this on March 1st.  It's only when the personal stuff came around that I revisited it on May 27th, that's almost 3 months after my last post.
I have been over the AES issue for a long time, but don't think for a second that I am just going to sit back while the personal attacks get posted. Some people like to come into threads and tear up the messenger instead of addressing the issues that are presented, and that's the only reason I came back. If you want to call that thin skin, well ok.
I certainly would love to give this a rest if the others will do the same.

To KD8MJR:
This incident you had with AES happened 5 MONTHS ago.....GET OVER IT!
They don't even know you exist yet you're letting them
still rent space in your head and holding a big resentment about them?
Why? For what? This:
Develope a thicker skin about crap posts from strangers
or don't post at all.
Geesh. I'm hearing violins now too.........
Ken,  AD6KA
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:09:28 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
K0IC

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2011, 12:09:38 PM »

I do not see what the big deal is?  When I got my Drake TR-3 and AC-4 power supply in the early 1970s I had to get a Postal Money Order in order to pay for it from the now defunct Henry Radio Company in Butler, Missouri.  I would use Postal Money Orders now if I need to.  The main advantage of using a credit card as there is a layer of protection there for the buyer that might not exist in using a Postal Money Order and/or debit card.  I have dealt with AES since the 1970s and I NEVER have needed to say a bad word about them.  I have bought a lot of stuff from them.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »

K0IC....yep, you summed it nicely, Ron.  Couldn't agree more.

AES....good.
HRO....good.
Finding a better deal with one supplier over the other.....go for it.

(KD8MJR) But.....bashing on a worldwide forum, a well-established honest supplier that's been in the ham business for many decades because you didn't get a freebie that your modern, immature, entitlement mentality says that you deserve....really lame.  Try pricing other, non-ham comm gear.  There aren't many competing suppliers, and the pricing is outrageous.  AND, they don't offer free shipping, either.  Keep this up, and you might just see a day when that's what we'll all be dealing with.  Grow up.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 10:41:51 PM »

(KD8MJR) But.....bashing on a worldwide forum, a well-established honest supplier that's been in the ham business for many decades because you didn't get a freebie that your modern, immature, entitlement mentality says that you deserve....really lame.

Oh yes, I agree, expecting free shipping with AES is only something that a Person with a "Modern, Immature, entitlement mentality" would expect. Huh

Sometimes I wonder if you don't secretly love HRO, you keep doing the one thing that hurts AES sales even more every single day, you keep posting to this thread and raising it to the Top so more and more people can see it!  Yeah I am sure AES is very happy with you Moron.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:44:19 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
N8DV

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 04:35:15 AM »

I don't know what has happened to AES over the years to degenerate to this low customer service level. I have used AES for years but did switch about 5 years ago to HRO because of the attitude encountered at AES. I told them that I am a repeat, loyal customer and would like a little help on a subject. I got attitude! It seemed like they really didn't want to be bothered by my questions. I switched to HRO and I am glad I did. I have purchased quite a bit of equipment from HRO and every time it was treated with respect, courtesy and they gladly answered my questions and concerns. Yes, I do like their shipping policy as well. I will use HRO for all my amateur radio equipment needs. (No I don't work for them)
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 06:47:36 AM »

Moron.

Good one.  Tough night in the trailer park?

AA6ZE

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »

I can't say about AES since I've not done business with them in years, but my friend and I didn't get much service when we went to HRO Oakland a few months ago. The salesman didn't know anything about the gear so we had to fumble through the manuals trying to figure it out. Then we went over to look at the case with the keys and paddles in it to ask about a single lever for my friend and he bellowed " No we don't have any keys to try with the rigs!".We walked out, never to return.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:18:32 PM by AA6ZE » Logged
N9YNG

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2011, 09:50:40 AM »

...1 hour. 45 minutes later I got a call back saying that I would receive my order buy Tuesday 12/21/2010. I placed the order on Friday 12/17/1020. When I came home Monday afternoon 12/20/1010 and the package was on the porch all Intact and complete.My hats off to Bill and all the HRO crew in Atlanta. No tax and free shipping too! Needless to say I will be doing business with them as much as possible. Great job at Atlanta HRO.

73 DE K4XZ Joe Patrick

I live in New Jersey, so I normally deal with the HRO in Deleware.  Anytime I have ordered something, it'll be on my front porch the next day.  Even when it ships form New Hampshire, it'll maybe take an extra day.  The fact that they get an order out so quickly to UPS is a big reason why I deal with them.  Plus, free shipping on anyting over $100, which is just about every transaction. Grin
N1ZHE

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »

I'm going to stick with HRO because they are only 30-40 miles from me.

If I order something before noon to be shipped normal UPS, I get it the next business day.

I've only ordered once from AES, it was a closeout item only they had. I made a mistake on the shipping and I was going to be changed much more than their standard shipping costs but it would have taken longer to arrive than with their standard shipping.

They immediately called me on their dime and explained the mistake, we corrected it on the phone. I paid the smaller amount and it got here quicker.

K7NG

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »

I've bought from both HRO and AES, I have been an in-store customer at HRO Portland, New Castle, Phoenix, Sunnyvale, and at AES Cleveland, Vegas, and Orlando.  I have ordered by phone from both firms.  Never have I been treated rudely.  In a few cases I haven't gotten quite the response I was hoping for in regard to questions asked, but nobody has all good days, and maybe I was not quite at the right place at the right time.  For that matter, I think I might not be at my pleasant best after someone got through telling me 'what's wrong with Kenwood' and 'why don't you put .xxx. on this radio' - which I have personally heard happen. These same people answer the phone, you know...
I felt that *** ON AVERAGE *** the HRO people were more technically fluent, but not by much. I have had equipment DOA out of the box that was bought from both, and never had a problem getting a replacement. (I never asked for refund, just replacement).
I guess having a problem with some bizarre policy as AES is claimed to have regarding a first time order, it's OK to say what happened and what you know about it.  I might have a problem with it too, I don't know because my first purchase from both was in-store and they both took my card no problem. I buy from whom I can trust (both, in this case), and assess who will take the least of my money in the process.  HRO often wins due to their 'free shipping over $100' policy.
I also buy from other ham radio dealers, and I also do business on QTH and Ebay.  People with business licenses, by and large, want repeat customers and tend to do their best for people, but of course occasionally fall on their virtual faces.  People who sell on the internet venues (such as someone I will not name but has the initials 'Mart' ) may not be quite as concerned.
If you don't want to risk getting burned, you go to the big boys such as AES and HRO, or their little brothers.  You might pay more, but you pay for security.  If you are easily offended and take things personally that aren't, then go to someone else.

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: