Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fined $50  (Read 37309 times)
WA6MDI

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2011, 09:11:06 AM »

Hi John, Sorry to hear about your situation.  I too have the same problem.  Several Ideas:

CC & R's are exempt from PRB 1.  As I understand it the FCC implemented PRB 1 to deal with state's, counties and cities from undue restraint of ham antennas.  Home owner associations and CC & R's are a private contract between the HOA and owner/occupant.

Fence antennas will work reasonably well assuming you can get enough wire around the yard.  I have had outstanding success on 20 meters with low power and digital modes.  However...... the operation on 75 and 40 left something to be desired due to restricted yard size and short wire length.  My best results were with a closed loop.

Screwdriver antenna, I  have one mounted in the bed of my truck and to date that works far better than any fence antenna (Fencemaster?).  I run a length of RG 58 out the spare bedroom door (radio room) down the hallway, across the living room behind the sofa and out into the garage.  This way I leave the extra coax coiled up in the corner of the garage and hook it up when ever I  get the need to get on the air.

One extra thing I did was to purchase the wireless screwdriver antenna controller and I can look out the front  bedroom (radio room) window and run the antenna up  and down.  Also  I have a 60 foot piece of # 12 thhn hidden in the flowers next to the garage for a ground radial.  Works great.

Hope the ideas help.
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2011, 10:11:36 PM »

If you had to go " down for the count ", you could try calling the local newspaper and telling them you will have a story for them when you pay the 50 dollars with a wheelbarrow full of pennies. The hoa  would love the publicity ?  tell the paper your the 99 percent? Grin kg4ymc
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: