Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just asking for suggestions/advice  (Read 2555 times)
AJ3O

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »

KC8QVO:
The MH-59A8J is the mike that I had added to my order.

I can see the power poles on the back of your radio, and that would be a nice addition. When I went on Anderson's website they list splitters and other setups. I currently use the SB-50 quick-connect power plugs for my inverter. It makes it easy to disconnect and tuck under the seat, and plug it back in as needed. (I have even used the inverter, a B&D 750watt unit, to power hilti hammer drills, a power saw "Not that good, but it worked", and countless other items for work.) It would be nice if they had, and I did look on their site, a splitter that had the SB-50 connection AND the power pole connections. This way I could mount the splitter under the dash and connect/disconnect things quickly while still keeping it out of the way.

Oh yeah, nice blog on your install. I especially liked the dash mounted jacks!  Cool

N3JBH:
I will be stopping by the Skyview club sometime soon I hope. Even though I don't have much time for dedicated memberships to any clubs at the moment, I am sure I could use some mentoring. My overall plan is to try and get the kids interested in Ham radio after I get seasoned somewhat.

Thank you for all the help and suggestions everyone!  Smiley
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: