Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Field Day 06 Family Operating Procedures  (Read 620 times)
AD5QA

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »

Question about control operating, I could look this up but dont have time right now and maybe someone else can benifit from this question.

My wife is a Technician and I am an extra. (I should know this but haven't been active on HF enough and been to Iraq for a year.)  Can we, everyone at the site use my callsign for QSO's on HF?  (I will be there with them.)  If so then anyone here can just put out a CQ and complete a QSO without me identifying for them.  As long as they id correctly when supposed to. We are going to the park with the family tomorrow and I want to try to get some kids involved and to earn 20+ extra points.  My wife wants to try some HF as she has passed her General written but is practicing her CW.  

Thanks for the response.  
73's

Tom
KI4PEQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 10:57:43 AM »

I am a Technician class amateur and had the same question during Field Day. All operations were made using the club's call sign. I was able to work 20 meters under the club's call sign because the owner of the rig, who had control of the station, was sitting right beside me. He was also a member of the club. For FCC purposes, he was the control operator. As I was not using my call sign. but the club's call sign, such operation was legal.

IMHO if you are the control operator and are present at the control point when your wife is operating under your call sign, you should be able to work any band that is consistent with the privileges of your call.

If she uses HER call sign, she is limited to operations above 50 Mhz only.

I am also working on my Morse requirement. Having taken the pretests for the General exam, I think I could pass with minimum difficulty.

Good luck to your XYL on her Morse practice.

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: