Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cat only program needed  (Read 1886 times)
KE4SEP

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:48:53 PM »

I am looking for a cat only program, free or near free, the ones that I have found that look half way decent cost a arm and a leg,with a ear thrown in.I have to get by on s.s so money is a issue.the GRig program I looked at has to be installed by a computer programmer.thank you ahead of time. Ed
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:44:34 PM »

I am looking for a cat only program, free or near free, the ones that I have found that look half way decent cost a arm and a leg,with a ear thrown in.I have to get by on s.s so money is a issue.the GRig program I looked at has to be installed by a computer programmer.thank you ahead of time. Ed

Try Commander, the transceiver-control component of the free-ware DXLab Suite. It's available via www.dxlabsuite.com
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »

I use Commander, part of DXLab (free).  Another option that's popular is Ham Radio Deluxe, also free.  There are probably other free options, depending upon what type of radio you have and what you want to accomplish.  For example, Kenwood provides a free program that allows you to operate the TS-480SAT remotely. 

73, K8AC
KG8JF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 05:14:15 AM »

You simply, cannot beat Ham Radio Deluxe for features and price......free
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:41:35 PM »

DXLab Commander provides many unique capabilities and characteristics:
  • - controls up to 4 transceivers, with optional automatic transceiver selection by frequency
  • - can direct a secondary transceiver or receiver to follow the primary transceiver's frequency and mode
  • - interoperates with SDR Consoles used as panadaptors (e.g. SpectraVue, BobCAT) or skimmers (e.g. CW Skimmer)
  • - supports transverters for 6m, 4m, 2m, and 70cm operation
  • - provides 10 banks of 10 memories, with the ability to continuously scan a bank's frequencies
  • - as you QSY, displays frequency-dependent settings for devices like tuners, amplifiers, and antenna switches, with optional control via parallel port signals
  • - provides "dual track" diversity reception for the Icom 7800, Elecraft K3, and Yaesu FTDX-9000
  • - is updated frequently, e.g supports new "read split" CAT instructions added by recent Icom firmware updates
    • - contains zero reported but uncorrected defects; reported defects are usually corrected within 24 hours
    All DXLab applications are completely free -- include free of requests for donations.
KE4SEP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 10:43:47 PM »

thank you all for the replies, I think I will go with commander. I have downloaded a lot of the free programs, nothing there except commander that I liked. I have a ts450s.I do have a signalink usb, I use digipan.I do like TRX-Manager, but a little over my budget, mabey later. Ed ke4sep
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 07:51:18 AM »

Sure you can.

DXlabsuite works much better for me than HRD ever did.

73, Tom
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:03:47 AM »

No need to pay for a CAT program, there are many free good programs.
HAM RADIO DELUXE, Commander, Omnirig, FLrig are just a few.
And if you are using digimodes (with your Signalink), then you would have the CAT built in anyway as most of these programs use one of the aforementioned as the CAT module.
I have nothing against paying for good programs, and have registered quite a few, but there is just so much really good freeware around for hams, which in many cases is far superior to that which is demanding payment.

Go with what you like best, but probably the most comprehensive CAT program is Ham Radio Deluxe.
Keep in mind that HRD is not one program but a number of modules, HRD being the CAT module.
The logbook (LOGBOOK) and Digimodes module (DM780) are separate modules which need not be used if not wanted.
The same goes for all the other modules such as the antenna rotator etc.
All of the modules talk to each other via network "ports" if used and allowed to connect.

FLdigi has a number of ways of producing cat control, including a program called FLrig.

So as you can see, the options are plentiful and free, so enjoy the hunt.

73s.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: