Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fldigi Difficulty  (Read 1583 times)
W4OEQ

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2011, 01:25:21 PM »

Installed Fldigi, using with Omni-7.  Works great on PSK31, Olivia, and RTTY.  Cannot get RSID to work at all and the QSO frequency is not giving correct value.  Any suggestions?  Tks.  Tom
LU2DFM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 02:59:02 PM »

Can you please elaborate on the QSO freq. problem?
Did you tried flrig with the TT Omni 7?
73 de Fer
W4OEQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 05:46:03 AM »

I solved the RSID problem but the QSO freq problem remains.  The rig selection choices do not include Omni-7.  Does include Omni-6.  Tried that and did not change the situation.  The manual(s) do not mention QSO freq so no help there.  Searched internet for "QSP freq" and "QSO frequency" and did not find anything.  The symptom simply is that the QSO freq display is far removed from the actual VFO freq.  It apparently does not affect operations in any way other than the data in the log book.  73, W4OEQ
LU2DFM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 11:19:42 AM »

Hi. Glad to hear that partially your problem is now resolved.

There are several methods to control the rig from fldigi. In my experience, both rigcat and hamlib have several issues with the Omni VII but at the very least the hamlib Omni VII TT-588 should be compiled in if you're using windows, or available (linked) from you system if you're on Unix/Linux. With that version I'm able to control the VFO through the serial (RS-232) port.

However, as I indicated, the best way to control the TT-588 is through flrig:
http://www.w1hkj.com/flrig-help/index.html
Go there and download flrig and make it work with the rig. Once you can control the radio with flrig, fire up fldigi, deactivate every other option in the rig control configuration, and activate xmlrpc.

You'll need both programs running for full interaction,  for me it's useful to have the full set provided by flrig at hand. You can hide/minimize it an use the limited (freq, mode, BW) subset on fldigi.

Hope that helps.
73 de Fer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: