Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irresponsible Hams  (Read 19368 times)
NN5AA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »

Huh  You know what gives me a "red axx", people who use pseudonyms. These folks should be "banned from...this site"....or am I being too harsh...

While I welcome an exchange of ideas with fellow hams, even if we're at odds ... I have difficulty wrapping my head around "anonymous" posts....

My 2ยข, your mileage may vary.....etc, etc, etc.....

Gary, I'm in total agreement with you on this one.  The way this site is configured, anyone can read any and all postings.  But I think you are spot on that for anyone to be a contributor and to be allowed to post here, they should be able to provide a currently active FCC callsign.  Nothing against CBers but my name is Vince and my callsign at present is KF5HJK.  Handles are for shovels and wheelbarrows.

73, Vince  KF5HJK(at present)
KJ4PLN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »

I like the idea of For Sale, Pending Payment , and Sold. How about adding an option to buy if the pending payment doesn't come through with in (1-2 weeks). That way you won't have such a risk of losing a sale if pending payment does not come through.
Then when an item is sold have it shifted to a historical file (or what file name is used) and have a retention of 365 days or so. Then users of eham would be able to see what the history is and would have a better idea of what to list for and what they could expect to get when an item is put up for sale.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 07:15:18 PM »

It's just a pain to me to have to put up with this on over half of the ads that I inquire about.

I know this is old but: You want to BAN people from this site, simply because you are inconvenienced. 

YOU are the one who doesn't belong here.

KD5UDE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »

lol yep Roll Eyes
W7KB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »

I never run into this problem.I buy new equipment or build my own.I don't believe in second hand junk....73..W7KB. 
KC9TNH

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »

I like the idea of For Sale, Pending Payment , and Sold.
+1 That's the general guidelines most good internet fora use. A few complaints and pretty soon that user doesn't have privileges to sell stuff. Manage by exception. Personally, I think that trying to over-legislate what should simply be courteous behavior is a self-induced disappointment episode, not to mention more work that forum Mods probably don't need. If no one setup w/1200 watts 1kHz away from a weekend net that's been in existence for 20 years on Saturday AM, and badly managed classifieds were the only grouse, life would be pretty grand.

But both those things happen and the people that do them can't be fixed. KJ4PLN's suggestion has merit.
Smiley

Wes -KC9TNH
"Don't get treed by a chihuahua." - Pete
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 12:58:04 PM »

If you're too sorry to do such a simple task as deleting your ads after your items sale then I can only amagine how sorry you are at everything else you do in life. Anyone guilty of this should be banned from the site.

I had an ad on here for an item which sold that day. I quickly removed the ad. Someone emailed me about the item, I replied with "sorry it has been sold" he writes back with a rude remark that maybe I should remove my ad if the item is sold and stop wasting everyone's time.  Huh

This all happened with in a two hour time period from when I posted the ad and deleted the ad.

How time consuming can it be to click on an ad, and have an email sent out to the seller? If that is wasting your time then you need a life. Email is almost instantaneous, and if the seller is monitoring his email you will get a quick reply.

IMO anyone who gets bent out of shape about an ad that has not been deleted and the item is sold is just a grumpy person.
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »

Well the ones marked as "sold" are not the problem it's the ads that are still active and NOT marked as sold that gives me the red axx. You email the person only to find out that the item has long been sold and they just wont delete the ad for some reason. I've almost stopped looking on here for used ham gear because of this reason alone. The Wattmeter section is a good example. At any given time if you find a listing you're interested in and email about the item more than likely it has already been sold. It's just a pain to me to have to put up with this on over half of the ads that I inquire about.

Is sending an email that big of a task for you? Roll Eyes I have replied to ads only to find out the item has been sold. I simply reply back with a THANK YOU and leave it at that. Life is too short to get bent out of shape about something as simple as an ad not being deleted.

Plus I only reply to ads that are listed by someone with a CALL SIGN.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:04:15 PM by VE3FMC » Logged
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 02:54:46 PM »

Please don't remove the Old Ads
I use them to see what an item would most likely cost.  The auto sold after 30 days is OK but please leave all the old Ads, even the ones from years back.
W1IT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 09:24:14 AM »

The tire kickers really annoy me on EHam. I have had people call wanting additional photos, hood pulled and so on only for them to drop any further communication or intent to buy.

EHam does a great service, but you can't change people. I even had some creep from Nigeria wanting me to accept a payment.  You ofcourse I hope are no stranger to these frauds and criminals.

Unfortunately, often its better to price up your item and market it at auction on EBay. Yes, they charge a six percent fee, but it cuts down on tire kickers.
WY3X

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 08:41:45 AM »

Well- in the past, I have had things "hang around" my shack for extended periods of time after placing an ad. I've actually had "nibbles" on ads up to two years old, and in some cases, those nibbles turned into buys! Perhaps code should be written into the website to prod ad submitters every 30 days to see if their ad is still valid or not, with a link to delete the ad if the article has been sold? At least if the ad is still valid, it can remain on the website where the article may possibly sell, yet it will make it easy for ads to be deleted.

I'm in agreement about the pseudonyms except in the case where one does not possess an amateur license. If that's the case, they should not be allowed to post ads, and the only forum they should be allowed access to is the "ELMERS" forum (to help them become licensed).

73, -WY3X
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 06:59:57 PM »

The tire kickers really annoy me on EHam. I have had people call wanting additional photos, hood pulled and so on only for them to drop any further communication or intent to buy.
Amen to that!
Second most annoying is the ones who don't read the ad or ad copy.

i.e. Title of Ad: "DEAD XVCR, for parts only"
In the Text of the ad: "Does not power up, no XMIT no RCV
As is, no mic, no manual, no power cord, NO Return"

Then you get 5-6 emails "Does it receive?"
Ken  AD6KA
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 12:36:56 PM »

It's just a pain to me to have to put up with this on over half of the ads that I inquire about.

I know this is old but: You want to BAN people from this site, simply because you are inconvenienced. 

YOU are the one who doesn't belong here.

Sometimes 'inconvenience' can be a very telling reason for a complaint.

The guy, it seems, is just venting--as you have just done.  Interesting, isn't it?
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: