The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe Support?  (Read 1940 times)
W2MV

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2014, 09:57:34 AM »

I think I'm a reasonable person, however, my recent  experience with HRD support has been terrible.
Several months ago, I logged a trouble ticket as suggested on HRD's web site specifying several problems with 6.2. I waited a while, but no response.
Next, I left a voice message on HRD's support line referencing the ticket number and asked for a status update on the problems. No response.
Last month, I called their support number (again) and spoke with a woman who Teamviewered into my PC to look at things. She stated that she would be relating the info to someone (I don't recall his name) and I would get a call back.
I have not received any calls, emails, or help. Yes, I did pay for so-called "support."

Three strikes and ur out, in my book.

Alan, W2MV
N7ZAL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:10:51 AM »

I have heard and seen numerous complaints about HRD customer service/support, but my experience has been positive the few times I have contacted them. Guess I'm lucky, based on others experiences.

Certainly can understand your frustration.

Later, Bill N7ZAL (ex. WA2DPB, WB3BOC, N2FWS)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 01:46:54 PM »

I also have had no problems with HRD service when I needed it.
Maybe you should try calling again after the new year holiday and ask for Tim.  He can go on your PC and see whats happening. Tim knows how to fix just about any problem.

73s
Rob

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »

I think I'm a reasonable person, however, my recent  experience with HRD support has been terrible.
Several months ago, I logged a trouble ticket as suggested on HRD's web site specifying several problems with 6.2. I waited a while, but no response.
Next, I left a voice message on HRD's support line referencing the ticket number and asked for a status update on the problems. No response.
Last month, I called their support number (again) and spoke with a woman who Teamviewered into my PC to look at things. She stated that she would be relating the info to someone (I don't recall his name) and I would get a call back.
I have not received any calls, emails, or help. Yes, I did pay for so-called "support."

Alan, W2MV

What sort of problems are you seeing?
W2MV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »

6.1 works fine. Using 6.2:

DM780 won't connect to winkeyer via COM6.  OK under 6.1
HRD itself crashes after about 5 seconds.
Some buttons available in 6.1 such as "split off" aren't even listed as an option to add in 6.2
Some sliders in 6.1 aren't available even to add in 6.2
In HRD logbook, DX spots are shown as being "greyed-out", but  in 6.1 they apppear as black characters and easier to read.

I'm doing this from memory at the moment; there may be more issues with 6.2 that I can't recall right now.

Thanks
W2MV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »

The 6.2 crash problem  is relatively recent with the past two releases. Otherwise it was at least usable with problems.
WA9PIE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 06:26:41 PM »

Alan, W2MV

It's not my intention to go point/counter-point here, but on behalf of our support folks at HRD... I feel that it's worth pointing out that we have many happy customers with support.  We don't "bat 1,000", but neither does anyone else in software.  I'm often tempted to report the stats about how many support calls/tickets these folks take on a weekly basis... but they're pretty darned good.  That said...

The support folks aren't developers and they can't fix bugs in the beta software.  Frankly, we don't really want them supporting the beta release... and when folks are brave enough to try the public beta and they have problems, we'd love to hear about those in the public beta forum where other beta testers and developers collaborate about the beta releases.

That web site is: http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com/forumdisplay.php?183-HRD-Open-Beta-forum

When folks have problems with the public beta, it sure helps when they all compare notes here... it gets clarity a lot faster as others may experience the same thing.

But if the public beta is too problematic, operators are encouraged to uninstall it and go back to the 294 build... then wait for the next beta build or a final release.

We support our users enthusiastically and will continue to do so.

As I said... wasn't getting into this to sustain a debate... so this will be my last statement on this topic in this thread.

Alan, if you need help... I'm happy to help you myself.

Mike, WA9PIE
W2MV

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »

Mike,

Thanks for your response. I'll contact you after the holiday. Actually I had to revert to the last 6.1 release to eliminate all of those issues.
Have a happy new year!

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: