Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with logging software Logic 9  (Read 421 times)
N3ZC

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2014, 02:03:53 PM »

I've had Logic 9 for a couple years. I haven't used it for a while (was sick, still am). I just had my SteppIR fixed. I open Logic 9, where all of my contacts are, and when I open a new Log page, and type in a call, hit the "Tab" key nothing populates. All of the slots used to populate, QTH, etc.. Now nothing happens?? I called HoseNose (software creator) and he acted like he was in a hurry and directed me to 2 videos on their Web page.(I have never changed anything, it worked before, but not now. No way I'm typing everything in with all the future contacts. Anyone have any ideas, or suggestions? Huh  Thanks in advance!  Tom N3ZC
W1MSG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:38:11 PM »

I suspect that it uses QRZ to fill in the info and your subscription at QRZ may have expired .. Not sure if that is the fact but something to look into ..
N3ZC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:50:04 PM »

Well, thanks, My QRZ subscription had expired and I paid $30  for a year's gold subscription. Now what do I do in Logic 9? Does my logon /password get inputted? In the call books drop down list there is a choice of QRZ.com or QRZ Subscription. No matter which I choose it doesn't stay that way. Must be a place in Logic 9 for a password?
KU6J

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 08:01:29 AM »

LOGic does its lookups from data entered for prior QSOs and from callbook data stored on your local disk. As far as I know, it can't do the lookups via an online database such as QRZ.com. Try this:

On your Log form, click the Log button that is in the upper-left of that form. In the drop-down menu that appears, select Setup (down at the bottom) to open the Log Form Setup window. Click on the Callbook tab and make sure that "Auto callbook lookup?" is set to Yes. To the right of that are several checkboxes that let you choose what gets looked up and filled into your form.

To refresh the callbook data that is stored locally on your disk, go to the main menu and choose Tools, Internet, Import FCC USA (K) Callbook (and/or choose one of the other Import options for foreign callbook info).

If this info doesn't help you solve the problem, you may want to post your question over on the LOGic forum:

http://www.hosenose.com/Forum/

ETA: I just found this over in the forum, so I guess it can do online lookups via QRZ.com:

http://www.hosenose.com/forum/yaf_postst1447_QRZ-COM-web-site-and-LOGic.aspx
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 08:08:11 AM by KU6J » Logged

Eric KU6J

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Free SOTA Spot Monitor Software + RBNGate FAQ:
http://www.ku6j.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: