The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contest list...  (Read 1901 times)
W6NZX

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2007, 05:27:03 PM »

I did a bit of googling but didn't find anything super specific.

Is there one website with the definitive list of all of the current HAM radio contests?

Rob W6NZX
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 02:41:12 AM »

There is more to eHam than just the forums!

If you look at the yellow strip on the left side of your screen, you will see a set of links under the heading "Operating". The first one under that is labelled "Contesting". If you click on that, it will take you to eHam's sister site, http://www.contesting.com/

If you scroll down the home page of Contesting.com, you will see a section called "WA7BNM Contest Calendar" that shows the weeks contests. If you click on the link next to that that says "WA7BNM Calendar Home", it will take you to the page with the rules for those contests.

Scott N0IU
KC9ATJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 10:36:01 AM »

Also, if you go to the Arrl website, click on Operating Activities on the top, then click on contest and contests home, you can find most contests on there.  Just click on the month to find a contest.  That's the way I find info on contests.
W6NZX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 01:23:40 PM »

N0IU:

The contest I'm most interested in is the CQiDX, everything I'm finding is for last year.
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 04:58:28 PM »

There is no CQiDX contest, unless they just invented it.  Anyway, my the contest name, that would be one sponsored by CQ Magazine. Google CQ Magazine and look at their contest section.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 08:22:16 PM »

W6NZX respondeed to my answer by saying, "N0IU:
The contest I'm most interested in is the CQiDX, everything I'm finding is for last year."

You asked a generic question about contests and I answered your question. If you wanted information about the CQiDX program, you should have asked about it specifically.

The CQiDX programs is NOT a contest, but rather an achievment award and there is a big difference.

A contest has a specific starting time and ending time that can be anywhere from a 4 hour "sprint" to a full 48 hour weekend. There are a few exceptions like the ARRL School Club Roundup that lasts for a week, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

An achievment award is something that is usually open ended in terms of time and involves working a specific number of stations from a certain entity or by using a certain mode or method of contact like the DXCC, WAS, WAC awards, etc.

To answer your question, information about the CQiDX program, go to: http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/IDX%20Award%20June.pdf

Scott N0IU

NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 11:00:24 AM »

Consider also the cq-contest reflector.

available at lists.contesting.com
WC4V

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 02:37:32 PM »

http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/contestcal.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print