Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ WW VHF Contest  (Read 485 times)
KB3LIX

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2007, 04:06:47 PM »

Don't forget, the CQ WW VHF contest starts tomorrow (Saturday July 21) at 1800 utc and continues until Sunday July 22 at 2100 utc.

Here's hoping for some decent propagation !!!!
NG0K

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 07:07:54 AM »

I plan to do a little tuning around on 6m CW and SSB.  It'll be my first VHF test since I just got on the band a month ago.  I've have had lots of fun so far with 30 grids worked using a dipole plopped on the roof :-)

Doug

73, Doug - NG0K
KA8YLY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 05:48:42 AM »

I was very excited about this contest, did a bunch of antenna work just for it too. I was on (mainly listening) 6 all weekend. pretty poor conditions for me, but I managed to work a page of contacts on a mix of cw and ssb.

right around 8pm on saturday, started working lots of stations, the band finally opened up. stopped for dinner and the band was dead when I returned.

did work a couple of Mexican stations, east coast and midwest. I have to check, but I think I got about 3 new grids, good enough for me.
NG0K

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 09:33:10 AM »

Well I ended up working (was on-call) so I didn't play.  I did tune around and the condx were poor with only a few heard.  Funny thing is the band was wide open the following Monday evening Undecided

NG0K

73, Doug - NG0K
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: