Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: California QSO Party  (Read 562 times)
N6AJR

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2007, 05:28:23 PM »

The one time out of the year you actually Want to Talk to yet another California Station..!!

Begins: 1600 UTC - 6 October 2007

Ends: 2200 UTC - 7 October 2007

The California QSO Party (CQP) is the premier state QSO party held every year on the first weekend of October.  The Northern California Contest Club (NCCC) has sponsored CQP since 1974.  CQP has traditionally opened the annual contest season by providing an opportunity for contesters to prepare for the ARRL November Sweepstakes since the format is similar.

Stations outside of California , worldwide, work stations in California only. The 58 counties of CA are the multipliers.    California stations work all stations in or out of CA, The 50 US states and 8 Canadian areas are the multipliers.  Stations outside of Canada and the US add to one's QSO total but do not count as multipliers.   See the full set of CQP Rules for more details.

On this site you will find lots of information, so peruse the index on the left and learn all about the California QSO Party!  Also, be sure to visit the NCCC web site for the latest scoop on a super contest club.

SO JOINS US FOR THE BEST STATE QSO PARTY IN THE LAND

THE CALIFORNIA QSO PARTY

AWARDS

CQP Awards

Certificates
 All entries with 100 or more QSOs receive a personalized and signed certificate.

Gold Star Certificates
Top Single Operator entry in each CA county, USA state, Canadian area and World country with 100 or more QSOs receive a personalized and signed certificate.

T-Shirts
 Entries with 100 or more QSO's qualify for the special CQP T-shirt; Please include your size (M/L/XL/XXL) and $12 if you qualify and would like this special award. The 100 QSO requirement is waived for Non-USA/Non-Canadian entries.

2004: bright yellow

2005: dark green

2006:  blue

33 Plaques (listed below)
Real lumber to hang on your shack wall! Many thanks to our sponsors.

Special CQP Wine Award
The top 20 CA and top 20 non-CA Single-Op stations will receive a personalized bottle of NCCC Private Reserve California Wine.  Winners under the age of 21 will receive a non-alcoholic personalized award.   The NCCC Private Reserve California Wine is graciously donated by Twisted Oak Winery. Twisted Oak is located in the Sierra Foothills of California and produces wine made from grapes like Syrah, Grenache, Viognier, and Tempranillo.  Twisted Oak is owned and operated by NCCC Member Jeff Stai, WK6I.

California QSO Party Award Plaque
 Sponsor
1st Place Single-Op, California
 K6RIM

2nd Place Single-Op, California
 K2RD

3rd Place Single-Op, California
 N2NS

1st Place Single-Op, Non-California
 WI7F

2nd Place Single-Op, Non-California
 N6BV

3rd Place Single-Op, Non-California
 W6WS

1st Place Single-Op Low Power, California
 WA6BOB

2nd Place Single-Op Low Power, California
 KU6J

3rd Place Single-Op Low Power, California
 K6TD

1st Place Single-Op Low Power, Non-California
 MLDXCC

2nd Place Single-Op Low Power, Non-California
 AE6Y

3rd Place Single-Op Low Power, Non-California
 K6IF

Top Single-Op QRP, California
 AJ6V

Top Single-Op QRP, Non-California
 W6ISQ

Top Multi-Single, California
 N6XI

Top Multi-Multi, California
 W0YK

Top Multi-Single Expedition, California
 K6DGW

Top Multi-Multi Expedition, California
 N6RO

1st Place Single-Op Expedition, California
 AD6E

2nd Place Single-Op Expedition, California
 N6NZ

Most CW QSOs, California
 N6TV

Most SSB QSOs, California
 KO6LU

Most Mobile QSOs, California
 K6IC

Most VHF QSOs
 K6EU

Most CW QSOs, Non-California
 N6TV

Most SSB QSOs, Non-California
 K6AUC

First to 58, California
 K6LA

First to 58, Non-California
 K6LA

Top Non-USA/Non-Canadian
 W6TKV

Top School, California
 N6DE

Top School, Non-California
 N6DE

Top Club, California
 REDXA

Top Club, Non-California
 W6ZZZ

Distribution of Awards
We understand ... CQP has great awards, and of course you are impatient to get to get your T-shirt, certificate, or plaque.   Or perhaps you are anticipating celebrating your victory over a bottle of the coveted CQP Private Reserve wine!  We understand how excruciating the wait for your CQP award can be!  We share your pain.  We empathize.  We understand the aching emptiness of being without your CQP award.  Here's the scoop:

First, the dauntless log checker gets some time to do his worst.  Then the fearless VP & Contest Chairman draws up a list of awards and prints certificates.  Then Awards Chairperson orders plaques and other specialty items.  All this is completed just in time for the annual NCCC awards banquet in March, where members receive their awards for CQP and other noble and worthy achievements of the year past.

The next stop on the awards trail is the International DX Convention.  Attendees can usually arrange to pick up their awards there.

Third, an NCCC'er can often be convinced to take some awards to Dayton in the otherwise empty outbound luggage that is reserved for homeward-bound flea-market booty.

Finally, the remaining bulk of the awards are mailed out, usually some time in April or early May.  (Compare this level of promptness with other major contests!)  If you can arrange to pick up your award at the DX Convention or at Dayton, the savings in postage will be greatly appreciated.  We'd much rather put our money into more and better awards than into postage.  E-mail to CQP Info to make arrangements.

AE6RF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 06:49:11 PM »

You betcha, the CQP is a LOT of fun.

My family and I are going to Madera county this year to hand it out to folks.

CUL & 73 de Donald
AE6RF "MADE"
AD6WL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 06:23:30 AM »

Oh, I'll give it a shot.

73, Jim
AD6WL
WA6NHO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 01:00:30 PM »

This is a great idea!  I've been "out" of ham radio for about a million years and just got back into it.  Was so disappointed to find some things hadn't changed much.  Guys with amps talking about their latest malady or what they had just purchased at Walmart (true).  I just wanted to check out my "new" Kenwood TS-850...anyway, along came your Cal QSO party.  Wow!  People wanting to talk to the big 6! Good job.  Got it marked on my calendar for next year.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: